Noble Dreams

Noble Dreams

You are not logged in.

#21 Sun 29th Nov 2009 04:33 pm

EerieElle
Eternally Evolving

Re: Warriors of the Light

I really like that Grail Q&A session, almost as much as this one.

#22 Fri 11th Dec 2009 06:13 am

SW

Probably the most important video I have watched in a long time. Spend 28 minutes and free your mnd. Truly.

http://www.neithercorp.us/sdsl
Sons of Darkness
Sons of Light

Then I like to believe that my "something" my "unconscious higher self" always takes me to where I need to learn "what's happening" and I use the internet as my ship to guide me to knowledge.

Today's gnostic homily:

http://www.gnosis.org/ecclesia/homily_Advent2.htm

MEDITATIONS
A Homily for the Second Sunday of Advent
by Rev. Steven Marshall

God Within

The Second Sunday of Advent has traditionally borne the theme of Divine Love, yet in the Christian mythos of the birth of Jesus this Love comes to earth in the name Emanuel, which means "God with us," or "God in us," the God within. Since the beginning of the New Age movement the cliches, "I am God" and "God is within me", in their popularized form, have nearly become a dogma. Dogma comes out of ignorance, out of the expressions of those who have not had the direct experience of this quintessential Gnostic insight of interior being. This is why the ancient Mystery religions were secret. If people get too much information or other's ideas about the mystery, they tend to get caught up in the dogma of it, rather than the mystical experience of it. So we too must guard against the triteness of such expressions, and move beyond belief structures and dogmatic statements, no matter how popular or politically correct, to get to the real experience and insight of Gnosis.

The idea of "the God within" is very popular right now-egalitarian, politically correct, and ideologically the right way to think in many circles, but this is not the Gnostic motive for embracing this expression. The Gnostic embraces it, because it is born out of deeply mystical and transformative experiences of an interior, psychological and metaphysical reality of authentic being. For many, it is still primarily a belief, for some, even a dogma, wherein nothing outside of the tiny, reductionistic worldview of the psycho-social ego is allowed to enter into it.

The Theosophical movement founded by Helena Blavatsky has borne the primary credit for the initial dissemination of the concept of a spark of the divine light within the human being into mainstream Western culture and subsequently into the New Age movement. She discovered similar problems with devotees who embraced the expression of "God within" as a comfortable belief, rather than an experiential insight for which to strive.

HOPE is the thing with feathers   
That perches in the soul,   
And sings the tune without the words,   
And never stops at all        Emily Dickinson

#23 Fri 19th Feb 2010 09:54 am

SW

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/Connie1947/3ede060912d5dd74-1.jpg

Out of the mouths of children, you find the answers. And they are so simple and innocent.

15 SEC READING: Rebuilding the world

A father was trying to read the newspaper, but his little son kept pestering him. Finally, the father grew tired of this and, tearing a page from the newspaper – one that bore a map of the world – he cut it into several pieces and handed them to his son.

‘Right, now you’ve got something to do. I’ve given you a map of the world and I want to see if you can put it back together correctly.’

He resumed his reading, knowing that the task would keep the child occupied for the rest of the day. However, a quarter of an hour later, the boy returned with the map.

‘Has your mother been teaching you geography?’ asked his father in astonishment.

‘I don’t even know what that is,’ replied the boy. ‘But there was a photo of a man on the other side of the page, so I put the man back together and found I’d put the world back together too.’

http://paulocoelhoblog.com/2010/02/17/r … e-world-2/

#24 Mon 15th Mar 2010 07:56 am

SW

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/Connie1947/path2.jpg

The Path
Reginald W. Machell

# Oil and gesso, 6' x 7' 5". This symbolic painting hangs in the administration building at the international headquarters of The Theosophical Society, Pasadena, California.

# Available in a 14" x 17" print.

The Path is the way by which the human soul must pass in its evolution to full spiritual self-consciousness. The supreme condition is suggested in this work by the great figure whose head in the upper triangle is lost in the glory of the Sun above, and whose feet are in the lower triangle in the waters of Space, symbolizing Spirit and Matter. His wings fill the middle region representing the motion or pulsation of cosmic life, while within the octagon are displayed the various planes of consciousness through which humanity must rise to attain perfect Manhood.

At the top is a winged Isis, the Mother or Oversoul, whose wings veil the face of the Supreme from those below. There is a circle dimly seen of celestial figures who hail with joy the triumph of a new initiate, one who has reached to the heart of the Supreme. From that point he looks back with compassion upon all who are still wandering below and turns to go down again to their help as a Saviour. Below him is the red ring of the guardians who strike down those who have not the "password," symbolized by the white flame floating over the head of the purified aspirant. Two children, representing purity, pass up unchallenged. In the center of the picture is a warrior who has slain the dragon of illusion, the dragon of the lower self, and is now prepared to cross the gulf by using the body of the dragon as his bridge (for we rise on steps made of conquered weaknesses, the slain dragon of the lower nature).

On one side two women climb, one helped by the other whose robe is white and whose flame burns bright as she helps her weaker sister. Near them a man climbs from the darkness; he has moneybags hung at his belt but no flame above his head, and already the spear of a guardian of the fire is poised above him ready to strike the unworthy in his hour of triumph. Not far off is a bard whose flame is veiled by a red cloud (passion) and who lies prone, struck down by a guardian's spear; but as he lies dying, a ray from the heart of the Supreme reaches him as a promise of future triumph in a later life.

On the other side is a student of magic, following the light from a crown (ambition) held aloft by a floating figure who has lead him to the edge of the precipice over which for him there is no bridge; he holds his book of ritual and thinks the light of the dazzling crown comes from the Supreme, but the chasm awaits its victim. By his side his faithful follower falls unnoticed by him, but a ray from the heart of the Supreme falls upon her also, the reward of selfless devotion, even in a bad cause.

Lower still in the underworld, a child stands beneath the wings of the foster-mother (material Nature) and receives the equipment of the Knight, symbols of the power of the Soul, the sword of power, the spear of will, the helmet of knowledge and the coat of mail, the links of which are made of past experiences.

It is said in an ancient book "The Path is one for all, the means to reach the goal must vary with the Pilgrims."

[Inscribed on a wooden disk attached to the lower left corner is the following verse:]

If Wisdom thou wouldst gain, Be Strong, Be Bold, Be Merciful. But when thou hast attained Then let Compassion speak. Renounce the Goal, Return to Earth A Saviour of mankind

http://home.pacbell.net/amsec/path1a.html

#25 Mon 19th Apr 2010 06:38 am

SW

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/Connie1947/Roerich-Agni_Yoga.jpg

A painting by Nicholas Roerich, a true Warrior of the Light http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicholas_Roerich

To Serve the Light
An address given by Dolores Ashcroft-Nowicki
at the 1996 SOL Conference
by Dolores Ashcroft-Nowicki

We live in strange and terrible times. When you hear of sixteen 5-year-old children being massacred as they played, or watch on the television the aftermath of terrorist bombs with the bodies of innocent men, women and children lying around, one might be forgiven for thinking that Nostradamus was right. As we draw closer to the end of this fear ridden century there seems to be very little "love of one's fellow man" around.

Since 1990 we have seen more scientific progress than at any other time in recorded history. But peace, friendship and compatibility are in short supply. Politicians tell us that we have had peace for fifty years but the truth is that the world has been at war in one part or another for almost a century.

Yet, in the last thirty years there has been an upsurge of interest in everything to do with the occult, Theosophy, Ancient Mystery Religions, Witchcraft, Shamanism, and alternative therapies of every kind. How is it then, that while much of the world is seeking a spiritual life, joining groups, Orders, Schools, attending workshops and seminars etc, we still do not seem to be making progress towards our goal of world peace.

Because I travel so frequently and to so many different countries I have had the opportunity to observe many different groups at work and to talk to people about their approach both to the world as it is today and their belief systems. In my travels I have seen a recurring syndrome which amounts to what I have called The Maze Effect.

We have in England many mazes, some made of living plants, others of wood or even stone. All have the same thing in common: they are easy to enter and hard to get out of. In fact the Maze is a very ancient symbol often used in the Mystery Traditions. Then it was often a part of the initiation process and the Neophyte was ushered in with great ceremony and then left to find his or her way to the centre, to where they had been told they would meet The God. There they would receive the Touch of Divinity, would become one with the God-Form and return to the world bringing back, as all initiates do, the gift of the Gods - Knowledge. Sometimes they got lost on the way in, most got lost on the way out, but those who made it never spoke of what they had encountered there at the dark, mysterious centre of the Maze. But one thing was certain according to ancient records: those that won through returned changed beyond recognition. Those who were unsuccessful returned confused and disorientated in fact very like many people today.

Confused and disorientated is a good description for many of those who desperately want something to believe in and who rush from group to group, therapy to therapy, religion to religion seeking for something stable on which to base their lives. Unless they can find something they will simply go on in the same way getting more and more desperate.

Thirty years ago before the Alternatives became fashionable you might spend five or six years looking for books or information on the occult, alternative religions, etc. When and if you found it, it would cost you a lot of money. In 1965, twenty years ago, I spent £15 on a book by Dion Fortune, in 1965, £15 was a lot of money. I only earned £25 a week. But because there was so little to read on the subject, I was thrown back on my own meditations, my own thoughts, my own findings. I read what I could, listened to what I was told by my teachers, pondered over it, thought about it and tried desperately to puzzle it all out. I was totally engrossed in my studies and made my way slowly and carefully. I valued what I had and sought to expand my knowledge through my own efforts.

Today there are quite literally millions of books on every alternative subject you can name. There are too many; where once you took what you could get and savoured it, now you are spoilt for choice and there is so much information - most of it of no value at all - that one's own inner work is no longer considered of importance. It has become a case of reading what other people say and write, not what you think, have meditated on and found out for yourself. Everyone writes a book - well that's OK, I've written one or two myself - but I have never based any of my books on other people's books. But I can go into a book shop in New York tomorrow and find at least 15 books that are based on one of mine.

No one wants to work and study and spend time searching things out anymore. Everyone wants to find THE ONE BOOK THAT WILL EXPLAIN IT ALL TO THEM. There is no such book. The only truth to be found is a personal truth, the only findings worth anything are those you have found for yourself. The only knowledge worth having is what you have sought out, tried and tested by your own efforts. That is what Occult training is all about: you, and what you think and know from personal experience. So now, let us look at the title of this lecture and imagine that we are newcomers to all this. "To Serve the Light". The title provokes a series of questions.

* What Light?
    * In what way do we serve this light?
    * With what do we serve it.
    * Why would we wish to serve anything anyway?
    * Whom are we serving ?
    * Does everyone serve or is it only a few?
    * Who have served before us?
    * Who will serve after us and is there any point in serving?
    * Will anyone serve me?
    * Well, we have enough there to last us for the evening I should think.

The First Question Asks:
What is this Light we are supposed to serve?

http://www.servantsofthelight.org/about … light.html

#26 Tue 20th Apr 2010 06:29 am

SW

DrunvaloFlowerofLife  —  March 02, 2010  — Exciting News!!! THE BIRTH OF A NEW HUMANITY broadcast is now Formally set for May 26th 2010!!!!
Thanks to our sponsors http://www.humicin.com/ and ESO.TV the broadcast is now being prepared for our Global Audience in multiple languages and will be aired in multiple time zones. Exact Broadcast Times and Early Registration information is now available at: http://www.drunvalo.eso.tv/the_birth_... and http://www.drunvalo.net/live.html

In this next broadcast we are going to enter into ancient Atlantis because it is where our story begins. And is something that must be done simply because this is exactly where our present-day troubles were created.
Long ago, over 13,000 years ago, the human grids of consciousness began to collapse and humanity began to lose their higher consciousness. It is what the Bible called the Fall. Something had to be done or humanity would end up no higher than the animals.
But as the Earths axis shifted to a new location and Atlantis sank below the ocean levels, and the Maya, Kogi and Arjarcos headed in their boats to new lands, humanity also began to sink below the levels of awareness that were once achieved. Men and women more advanced than we are now quickly became hairy barbarians with not even the knowledge to light a fire. Their Mer-Ka-Ba fields, their light bodies, had been shut down leaving them exposed to the effects of the Earths magnetic field having been shut off. The memories of humanity were erased.
In a far distance place a decision was made, and a global project was begun here on Earth to bring the humans back to their rightful consciousness level, but it would take 13,000 years, to where we are right now in time. And what Life knows is that to save a race of beings in this way doesnt always work, but this time it did.
This is the true story of how certain humans who were exempt from the Fall, rose to the occasion and long ago began to develop massive Earth geomancy to recreate a specific human grid of consciousness that surrounded the Earth so that someday humanity could return to the higher levels of consciousness they had once achieved.
Every life form on Earth must have a consciousness grid that completely surrounds the Earth in order for it to exist. Without these grids, there is no awareness.
When you understand the science that is behind this story, it will amaze you. And when you understand the results of this 13,000 years experiment, you will be filled with joy. For what has happened is no less than the Birth of a New Humanity. YOU will see, for you are about to live it.
Beyond 2012 indeed! We as the human race are just beginning. Again.
And I am honored to give you this wonderful news.
From my heart, Drunvalo

theduderinok  —  September 11, 2009  — this interview is HIGHLY recommended! Drunvalo Melchizedek discussed the great Earth activations fueling 2012 and what the Mayan Elders knew about the pending changes. He explained that the universe goes through cycles and that when the latest cycle reaches its conclusion, believed by many to be on December 21st, 2012, a massive shift of the Earth's poles will take place. Depending on how long this polar shift lasts, he said, the effects on human memory and the mind as well as the Earth's crust could be dire.

Melchizedek, who has spent over 25 years working with the Mayans, detailed what they have told him about these impending Earth changes. He revealed that the Mayans believe that the infamous date in December of 2012 is actually "the least likely day" for anything to happen. According to the them, the event will take place during a window of time which began on October 24th, 2007 and ends in 2015. Melchizedek pointed to the outburst of the Comet Holmes in October of 2007 as the prophesied harbinger of "the moment when the End of Time began."

Rather than fear these potential Earth changes, Melchizedek said that the Mayans see the period as "a time to celebrate and be excited about," because it will result in positive advancements for humankind. "Yes, there's a lot of destruction," he said, "but there's brand new birth. A new humanity is born." Based on what he has learned about the Mayan prophecies, the impending event will result in humans entering into the 4th dimension where "whatever we think or feel happens. It's a whole new ballgame."

09-10-09

http://www.onelotus.net/index.html
http://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/20...

#27 Tue 20th Apr 2010 11:24 am

universe_communion

I'm loving this thread. Thanks for the light information.

#28 Thu 22nd Apr 2010 06:19 am

SW

http://www2.gol.com/users/quakers/inner_light.htm
http://apprising.org/2008/08/25/contemp … e-quakers/

http://www.turntowardlife.tv/streamingm … /index.htm
Radiance --  The Experience of Light

A Film by Dorothy Fadiman

1978  -- 22 minutes

http://www.physorg.com/news122645030.html
The Dark Side of Light

Light may not seem very interesting in our everyday lives. But to scientists, light’s properties are a constant source of intrigue. The nature of light as both wave and particle, light as the universal speed limit, and the way light interacts with magnetic fields in the atmosphere to form auroras are a just a few examples of light’s fascinating behavior.

#29 Thu 22nd Apr 2010 02:55 pm

EerieElle
Eternally Evolving

Cool video!  I like the correlation between the Schumann resonance increase and cymatics.  Oh, the places we'll go!

Wow, the author of that second link you gave for the Quakers really has a bone to pick with Gnostics and even Christian mystics.  He rails on the primacy of "Biblical doctrine" and apparently any serious meditation of non-orthodox perspectives is out of the question for true believers.  From their "beliefs" page:

In the utter depravity of mankind; as such placing them under condemnation of God, hopelessly lost without being regenerated by the Holy Spirit through God’s grace alone and personal faith alone in Jesus Christ alone as their Lord and Savior — this being a gift from God, not of works, lest any man should boast.

In the after-life; those who have been saved will live in everlasting peace in the very presence of God, while those who die without being saved will live in conscious torment, forever shut out from the presence of God, with no second chance to change this certain destiny.

Ugh.  It's so sad for me to see such a wonderful message preserved in (most of) the Bible that was contorted and twisted into 'traditional' Christianity.  Thankfully, all of the quotes from Quakers, gnostics and mystics were really empowering!

#30 Thu 22nd Apr 2010 09:31 pm

universe_communion

Yuck, I'm sick of that total depravity message. Thank goodness for other empowering messages.

From Forbes' Cannibals:

One's religion, then, is ones life, not merely the ideal life, but the life as it is actually lived. Religion is not prayer, it is not a church, it is not theistic, it is not atheistic, it has little to do with what people call "religion." It is our every act. All that we do, and are, is our religion.

Last edited by universe_communion (Thu 22nd Apr 2010 09:31 pm)

Board footer