Noble Dreams

Noble Dreams

You are not logged in.

#1 Wed 23rd Sep 2009 05:21 pm

SW

Tachyons, Energy, Time Travel

Anyone's thoughts? Or interesting articles?

http://www.crystalinks.com/tachyon606.html

The existence of such particles would pose intriguing problems in modern physics. For example, taking the formalisms of electromagnetic radiation and supposing a tachyon had an electric charge - as there is no reason to suppose a priori that tachyons must be either neutral or charged - then an accelerating tachyon must radiate electromagnetic waves, just like ordinary charged particles do.

However, as we have seen, reducing a tachyon's energy increases its speed, and so in this regime a small acceleration would produce a larger one, leading to a run-away effect similar to an ultraviolet catastrophe. Some modern presentations of tachyon theory have demonstrated the possibility of a tachyon with a real mass.

In 1973, Philip Crough and Roger Clay reported a superluminal particle apparently produced in a cosmic ray shower (an observation which has not been confirmed or repeated).

This possibility has prompted some to propose that each particle in space has its own relative timeline, allowing particles to travel back in time without violating causality. Under this model, such a particle would be a "tachyon" by virtue of its apparent superluminal velocity, even though its rest mass is a real number.

HG Wells birthday and time travel?

How did all those strange synchs with 9-11 come about? I wonder if tachyons are the culprit?

http://www.crystalinks.com/wells.html

H. G. Wells forecasted the twentieth century so vividly and accurately he became known as "The Man Who Invented Tomorrow". He saw super highways, overcrowded cities, military use of airplanes and the bombing of cities. In 1911 he forecast the atomic bomb and other weapons of mass destruction, that terrified him. His final vision in 1933 was of an apocalyptic world war.

Spiritually, he prophecized a new consciousness emerging, spearheaded by a visionary elite who would take control of the weapons of war and create a global state, pacifying and leading humanity to a new world. By the second decade of the twenty-first century he envisioned a peaceful world liberated from old hatreds and adorned with scientific marvels.

Writing at the end of the 19th century, Wells pioneered science fiction - his greatest vision - time travel.

HOPE is the thing with feathers   
That perches in the soul,   
And sings the tune without the words,   
And never stops at all        Emily Dickinson

#2 Wed 23rd Sep 2009 06:43 pm

blue
observer
Website

Re: Tachyons, Energy, Time Travel

I don't know enough about particles and tachyon's to say whether this is possible. But I have read Robert Shapiro's Explorer race series, and he deals in particles, which have the ability to be anywhere anytime.

I'm open minded about the concept. There is a good series on CBC called 'Being Erica', where her analyst (spiritual guide) sends her back in time, to change situations, but with certain limitations (she couldn't stop her brother's death, but did manage to persuade him to write a letter to her parents explaining why he had taken that course of action. That eased their pain considerably, which was all that was required.

But what was best was, in toinight's show, her guide, normally a cocky know it all, was taken off Erica's case, because he was making wrong decisions. She ended up going back in time to witness his suicide, but helping him to understand the why's and wherefore's. She became his 'Angel' guide. I like that, because I think that is the way it is here. Our guides are probably just a level above us, and we are catching up fast, thanks to the internet. He quotes the famous Zen Line - 'When the student is ready - the Teacher appears' . Erica being the teacher.

I am sure the governing forces of the Universe would have to keep things in check like this, in order to avoid chaos, regarding time travel.

The strangest thing, tonight, on the quiz show 'Jeopardy' one contestant was aked what his occupation was, and with a straight face, he said 'Time travel - we travel to other dimensions to bring back artifacts for clients'.  Nobody on the show or in the audience blinked an eyelid, let alone smirked or laughed. I looked at mrs me, and she said 'nutter' - but I'm thinking has it begun?

Last edited by blue (Wed 23rd Sep 2009 06:51 pm)

___________________________________________________________________ God put me here to accomplish certain things.
I am so far behind I will never die.

#3 Wed 23rd Sep 2009 11:56 pm

SiriArc
AD VO ZIN

The Enacting Force http://www.nobledreams.co.uk/img/avatars/264.jpg In*Between

And The Names

And The Names

And The Secret Names

Of Those ONES Dwelling IN THIS HOUR

14: A Healer Functions ON Both Sides Of The Equation

11   23   11

#4 Thu 24th Sep 2009 02:35 pm

Falvion
gazing into Mystery
Website

This is an exceedingly interesting thread. Thanks, SW.

Zenden, that paper you linked to... Nikola Tesla IS Doctor Who. A Time Lord. This blows my mind, too.

Oh, if only my brain was big enough to unravel these things.

#5 Thu 8th Oct 2009 04:38 pm

SW

http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/20 … ns--t.html

Brain researchers have recently discovered that when we perform mental activities such as adding numbers, comparing shapes, or identifying faces these areas of our brains light up, other areas go dark. This "dark network," according to Harvard psychologist Daniel Gilbert, comprises regions in the frontal, parietal and medial temporal lobes. Gilbert writes that "if you climbed into an MRI machine and lay there quietly, waiting for instructions from a technician, the dark network would be as active as a beehive. But the moment your instructions arrived and your task began, the bees would freeze and the network would fall silent. When we appear to be doing nothing, we are clearly doing something. But what?"

The answer, Gilbert says in his book Stumbling on Happiness, is time travel.

The human mind can move through time from past to present or present or past to future and in any gear. Our ability to imagine future events is a recent evolutionary development, and unparalleled in the animal kingdom. "We are a race of time travelers," Gilbert says "unfettered by chronology and capable of visiting the future or revisiting the past whenever we wish. If our neural time machines are damaged by illness, age or accident, we may become trapped in the present. Alzheimerís disease, for instance, specifically attacks the dark network, stranding many of its victims in an endless now, unable to remember their yesterdays or envision their tomorrows."

Neuroscientists refer to the dark network it as the brainís default mode, which is to say that we spend more of our time in other modes. Posted by Casey Kazan.

http://www.randomhouse.com/kvpa/gilbert … twork.html

#6 Fri 9th Oct 2009 07:39 pm

blue
observer
Website

SW wrote:

http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2008/05/homo-sapiens--t.html

Brain researchers have recently discovered that when we perform mental activities such as adding numbers, comparing shapes, or identifying faces these areas of our brains light up, other areas go dark. This "dark network," according to Harvard psychologist Daniel Gilbert, comprises regions in the frontal, parietal and medial temporal lobes. Gilbert writes that "if you climbed into an MRI machine and lay there quietly, waiting for instructions from a technician, the dark network would be as active as a beehive. But the moment your instructions arrived and your task began, the bees would freeze and the network would fall silent. When we appear to be doing nothing, we are clearly doing something. But what?"

The answer, Gilbert says in his book Stumbling on Happiness, is time travel.

The human mind can move through time from past to present or present or past to future and in any gear. Our ability to imagine future events is a recent evolutionary development, and unparalleled in the animal kingdom. "We are a race of time travelers," Gilbert says "unfettered by chronology and capable of visiting the future or revisiting the past whenever we wish. If our neural time machines are damaged by illness, age or accident, we may become trapped in the present. Alzheimerís disease, for instance, specifically attacks the dark network, stranding many of its victims in an endless now, unable to remember their yesterdays or envision their tomorrows."

Interesting - almost the anti-thesis to Tolle's Power of Now teachings.

I find a lot of inner strength in being in the present moment, centering down in the eye of the storm. I think this is part of a magickians arsenal.

We may be evolving into time travellers, or we may have always been time travellers , flitting from direct experience as it suits our mood (escapism).   This may be a playground / school / hell, whatever. But one thing is for sure, we are doing it in slow motion, examining situations and events from all angles to gain greater understanding of how the universe works.

Someone here (Zenden?) said shapeshifting was for amateurs. I think time travel may be, too, i.e. - it is our normal modus operandi, but alien to this 3d experience (cheating). But then - this is the end game, time for remembering..... ...

I haven't read the materials yet, but will do. It's an interesting concept.

[edit] OK - read it - watched the video .. not convinced..  [/edit]

Last edited by blue (Fri 9th Oct 2009 08:06 pm)

___________________________________________________________________ God put me here to accomplish certain things.
I am so far behind I will never die.

#7 Sat 10th Oct 2009 04:04 am

SiriArc
AD VO ZIN

http://i37.tinypic.com/2sbltu9.jpg

http://i37.tinypic.com/9qe8hc.jpg

11   23   11

#8 Sun 18th Oct 2009 05:45 am

SW

http://www.shiftoftheages.com/article/i … about-time

We perceive time
according to the completeness
of our own presence.
Gurdjieff

The level of Being of a man attracts his life,
and history repeats itself because we remain on the same level of being.
Living Time, Maurice Nicoll

#9 Sun 18th Oct 2009 03:47 pm

Falvion
gazing into Mystery
Website

SW, I love that article. I've known for a good while, in a very billowy, formless kind of way, that time was an illusion, but this explanation of that concept was simply inspired.

And it made me think, what if the matter of our brain actually IS the physical construct-- the actual fabric of space-time? Not out there, but in our very heads? 6 billion nodes of space-time fabric folding and unfolding all at the same moment. And that's just us humans. Multiply that by every other conscious being in every dimension... the possibilities boggle the mind.

Just thinking out loud.

#10 Mon 19th Oct 2009 03:52 am

SiriArc
AD VO ZIN

Why did this come to mind?

"Holographic History and the End of a Great Cycle"

....... Might be an SW kind o' thing .......

Some from N R, have already seen:

ClickAge

11   23   11

Board footer