Noble Dreams

Noble Dreams

You are not logged in.

#1 Tue 20th Oct 2009 01:34 pm

Falvion
gazing into Mystery
Website

Women on the Edge of Evolution free teleseminar

I got this in my email today and thought it looked interesting. This is being put on by the people who are doing The Shift movie.

Our question: What is our role as women in creating the future of our world?

"The world will be saved by the western woman."
His Holiness the Dalai Lama

Something amazing is happening for us as women. As one of the first generations liberated from the tasks of mere survival, we now have the freedom, the credentials, the resources and the interest to turn our attention toward the full transformation of ourselves and our world.

Never before have we as a global group of women been holding so much potential, or so much power, to shape our collective future....

Yet, what is the pathway to awakening the fullness of our authentic power as women?

Where should we give our energy and attention in order to make our greatest contribution?

And how might we work together and support each other in this process?

We invite you to join our global community of women as we come together to engage the most important questions of our time...

Here's the link where you can register (for free) if you dig it:

womenontheedgeofevolution.com/

#2 Fri 23rd Oct 2009 11:47 am

Charles
Website

Re: Women on the Edge of Evolution free teleseminar

Sounds interesting. 
I wonder why waiting until Fall  . . .  alot of major changes expected before then, so perhaps the timing is perfect (?)

Thanks for the heads up.

We Are One.

#3 Fri 23rd Oct 2009 05:16 pm

Tom Paine
Tom Paine

Women CAN make a HUGE difference.  If only they'd JUST DO IT!
Lysistrata comes to mind.
Women are the preservers of humanity.
Men can only be counted on to DESTROY and HOARD and DOMINATE and
try to out badass each other.
(well, yes, I'm exaggerating a bit, but NOT VERY MUCH!)

YOU GO GIRLS!!!

TP

#4 Fri 23rd Oct 2009 06:41 pm

blue
observer
Website

This is an idea who's time has come.

What a great start for creating a new world - women in charge.

___________________________________________________________________ God put me here to accomplish certain things.
I am so far behind I will never die.

#5 Fri 23rd Oct 2009 10:05 pm

Tom Paine
Tom Paine

Did you write that last part, zenden?
That's tremendous. 
How empowering!
Wow.

TP

#6 Fri 23rd Oct 2009 11:00 pm

Tom Paine
Tom Paine

Yeah, the Medusa type. 
Turn your ass to stone.

#7 Sat 24th Oct 2009 02:53 am

SiriArc
AD VO ZIN

http://i36.tinypic.com/2jbmls.jpg

11   23   11

#8 Sat 24th Oct 2009 03:06 am

CrowClaw13
Infantile Greenhorn

Hello all.  Very timely topic indeed. 

Just sick of the domination matrix gig.  Even where I live, a supposely 'progressive' geographic area, the misogyny leaks out in such subtle ways, an occasional off-hand joke: "just kiddin' with yuh babe"; the gossip-hexes flowing behind the good 'ol boy's club happy hours...the damn night club meat markets.  What I find most worrisome is that the tradition of abnormalizing the feminine has led some women to endorse being another functioning unit amongst the good ol boys club.  "Gotta get ahead; Gotta pound out the resume; Gotta be a control freak, Gotta do this; Gotta do that! Smile; manipulate; kill, kill, kill with a smile"

Rinse and repeat. Where are we?  Hierarchies corrupt absolutely.

It really is difficult to have fun with game players.  When every Communion is composed of some dull activity involving who can piss the farthest it makes for a dull day...and people get hurt, easy.

USER wrote:

I wish this is true but I doubt it.  All the women I know in my life are dumb as hell.  They need guys to think for them while they go shopping.  Most of them have low self esteem.  They like guys with bad boy image and they like to be abused.  Their biggest worry is not having men.  After that, they need children.  They need people to behave the ways they want.  They want everyone to go to church on Sundays and pray before meals.

Nice to meet you Joe.  Although perhaps you are generalizing a bit with your limited sample, the lack of self esteem, efficacy and autonomy are certainly at the forefront.  I can certainly relate to fair degree, as I have met such strains in the past. My current housemate is caught up in this distressing pattern.  Quite unfortunate that she has attempted to exact her autonomy  by immersing herself in the same stereotypic constructs that imprison her.  The "Men are from Mars Women are from Venus" series and the disempowering romantic comedies she brainwashes herself with are prime examples maintaining lock-down.  Such self-objectification undoubtedly leads to trouble, the folk-norm mind games begin.  Co-dependent manipulation. Luv bite.  10 + text messages a day.  Delete. Delete. Delete.  Strange, i just don't get these people.  Hunter or hunted for that matter.

'slurpy slurp' says the hyper dimensional roacher. 

The real feminine egg is ticking. 
Say no to superfluous counterparts
make them go outro

Time to bond
Time to heal

"I don't think outside the box...I just find a bigger one"     - some retired sorcerer

Be outwardly courteous to all without distinction, whether they be rich or poor, friends or enemies, power-possessors or slaves, and to whatever religion they may belong, but inwardly remain free and never put much trust in anyone or anything     -a lost bard's commandment

#9 Sat 24th Oct 2009 05:45 am

SW

Empowering women is truly the "new evolution". Men have had their chance, they have wielded the power in the world for the past 2,000 years at least. And truthfully, they have made a mess of it. All men and boys should realize that helping women is to their own benefit also. I am so happy to see that many of you on this forum do.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/Connie1947/Wounded-angel-L-5.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/Connie1947/snow_sculptures_harbin_003.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/Connie1947/shamaniccheerleaders-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/Connie1947/womeninafghanistanvote.jpg
Women in Afghanistan vote

Look at those bright faces, look at the hope in those eyes.

One ill-informed social norm that has stymied U.S. effectiveness in counterinsurgency operations relates to the efficacy of having female military personnel serving on the frontline. While many women in Iraq and Afghanistan have shown their ability to use force, one particular group exemplifies how women are essential to winning local hearts and minds. The apparent success of the Marine Corps Female Engagement Teams, or F.E.T.’s — first established last February in Afghanistan — illustrates that the odds of success significantly improve when we use these forces to establish bonds with the other half of Afghanistan’s population — its women.

The F.E.T. units are comprised of female marines with various operational specialties who conduct liaison work with Afghan women in remote villages. Their assignments range from searching women at checkpoints to running medical clinics to their core mission of engaging rural Pashtun women, often in their homes.

According to a September Marine Corps After Action Review, the teams have been most effective when Afghans perceive their intent as one of establishing a relationship of mutual trust and interest, rather than one of gathering intelligence. They often are welcomed into village homes while dressed in military drab and headscarves. Afghans purportedly view these American women as a “third gender??? — female marines are extended the respect shown to men, but granted the access reserved for women. This access has shown the Americans that indigenous women wield significant influence with their husbands, brothers and, especially, their adolescent sons. The presence of F.E.T.’s sends a strong signal of peaceful engagement to local villages. As one village elder put it, “Your men come to fight, but we know the women are here to help.???

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/21/opini … l.html?hpw

Many corporate types are trying to cash in on "women" and "women's issues". Well too late, and we are way too smart to fall for that crap anymore. I just participated in a Think Pink Walk for Breast Cancer with thousands of my sisters. And yep those words above are very heartfelt, a sister will always be there for you.

And we intend to take this company down -
http://thinkbeforeyoupink.org/?page_id=2

Eli Lilly has taken pinkwashing to a whole new level. By adding rBGH to the products they sell, Eli Lilly has completed its cancer profit circle: it creates cancer with rBGH, it sells cancer treatment drugs like Gemzar, and it sells a drug, Evista, to reduce the risk of breast cancer in women at high risk of the disease. Eli Lilly’s cancer drugs made $2,683,000,000 for the company in 2008. Its potentially carcinogenic dairy hormone made $985,000,000 in the same year. Eli Lilly is milking cancer.

Tell Eli Lilly to stop making and marketing rBGH. Tell them to stop milking cancer!

HOPE is the thing with feathers   
That perches in the soul,   
And sings the tune without the words,   
And never stops at all        Emily Dickinson

#10 Sat 24th Oct 2009 11:37 am

Joeman

I don't know why my last post was deleted.  I don't think it's a dumb post, but it is an accurate depiction of general population of female around me. 

I grew up in very fundamentalist church.  The church memebership is mostly women.  nowdays when you go to a fundamentalist church, you will find the church is mostly 2/3 women, and they complain about not having enough men.  they feel pressured to get married because the bible says get married or burn, and they won't marry outside of their church.  It's a fact that women are more hardcore about their religious fundamentalism than men in general.  I have seen the statistics.  I have not been able to have intelligent consersation with women I know in my social circle even though they all have an advanced degree beyond 4 years college.  I have had fun conversation with them about guys, hair, or TV shows.  But if I bring up existential questions, I do not get good response from them.  Recently I have been told by a friend that existential / spiritual type of things are not "relevent".  I asked her what then is relevant.  She said her job and relationships and school.  I don't know.  Maybe she is right. 

I recently read "yellow brick road".  It was a book recommended in readings section in this forum.  It talks about consciousness revolution.  Almost all women I know are stuck in stage 4, which is obedience if I recall correctily  Stage 5 is intellect.  Rational intellect is useless because a computer can never discover answers to all the big questions.  A person has to be able to think outside the box. 

I think most women in US are not very evolved in the conscious level.  It seems like they are stuck to their conditioned behavior permanently.  There are some who are more advanced in their consciousness, but they seem to be crippled intellectually.  I don't know why but it is frustrating.

I do agree that we cannot advance as a specie without empowering women.  But I am not sure what we can do exactly.  Consciousness revolution has to happen on its own.

Last edited by Joeman (Sat 24th Oct 2009 11:43 am)

Board footer