hjartastorstark

HOPE is the thing with feathers   
That perches in the soul,   
And sings the tune without the words,   
And never stops at all        Emily Dickinson

#122 Sun 28th Sep 2014 01:46 pm

Valentine

Re: Gardens and Gardeners

We have duck eggs!  The girls started laying on Friday, and we're getting two per day.  Delicious!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/roadradical/IMG_0930_zpsa670e70a.jpg

Kindness is the language the blind can see and the deaf can hear.  Mark Twain

#123 Sat 11th Oct 2014 04:31 pm

SW

How wonderful! It has been a short but wonderful summer and garden. I have been so busy putting up. And now the fall, which used to make me so very, very sad and hide indoors. I am so very terrified of wasps and hornets and they are so very active in the fall. But something has happened to me that I am no longer afraid! I am brave and trusting. I learn to like who I am becoming more and more. I am sure life will throw something at me before long, it is not in the plan to let us grow complacent!

#124 Mon 13th Oct 2014 09:09 am

Valentine

That's fantastic to hear, sw!!! hjartapuss

Saturday night we couldn't find one of the girl ducks.  Sunday morning she suddenly reappeared.  My son went out there and investigated and found a nest with a clutch of eggs behind the A/C compressor.  I can't quite figure out how we didn't miss 5 eggs.  Perhaps one of them layed more than 1 per day.  At any rate it was quite a surprise. applause

#125 Wed 15th Oct 2014 07:08 am

SW

applause Sounds so good. Who knew we would be in a place that all the little things make us so very happy. tillfreds

#126 Thu 16th Oct 2014 04:10 pm

Valentine

It's getting easier to be content with what I've got and to find pleasure in simple living.  So much of our lives are nonsense dictated by our society that I just want to make my own way on my own terms.  Your friendship means a lot to me, sw.  You help make me a better person just by being there and sharing your thoughts and experiences.  hjarta

#127 Sat 18th Oct 2014 10:57 am

SW

Thank you Val, you are a wonderful person.

#128 Fri 6th Mar 2015 08:07 am

SW

http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/wyoming- … -disabled/

Wyoming Startup Builds 3-Story Vertical Farm to Employ People With Disabilities

And, perhaps best of all, their mission includes an employment and training program for individuals with developmental disabilities to help them achieve happiness, success, and independence.

I have been quietly studying life, 21st Century life, and it appears that many of us, are realizing how very, very wrongheaded we all are. Some still don't get it, but those of us who do feel the need to withdraw and contemplate a kinder, gentler "more right" world. I remember a story or something where if we didn't like this world we could open a doorway into a new one. Trying to believe that is possible, but I find I always have one foot stuck in this world that I so dislike and one foot in my little created one. I get lonely there, but it is so very loving. It is jarring to come out of it. If that makes sense.

"Man wants to believe that his intelligence and his ability to think and have ideas removes him from what he always speaks of "as the lower orders;" he would much rather believe as the old Greeks and Romans did, that his leaders and great men were descended direct from gods, and he himself have many privileges and prerogatives that are denied dogs............when I consider the use that my dogs have made of the opportunities that were theirs, I can't feel very vainglorious about the superiority of man."
Luther Burbank

"The scientist, unable to see light as anything other than a purely physical phenomenon, is blind to light."
Masanobu Fukuoka

"A life of small scale farming, may appear to be primitive, but in living such a life, it becomes possible to contemplate The Great Way. I believe that if one fathoms deeply enough one's own neighborhood and the everyday world in which he lives, the greatest of all world's will be revealed."
Masanobu Fukuoka

I have been introspective and studying my world, and finding myself along the way.

hjarta

Last edited by SW (Fri 6th Mar 2015 08:08 am)

#129 Fri 22nd May 2015 06:35 am

SW

Hard at work growing lots and lots of plants. Became a vendor at our local farmer's market. It seems everytime I venture into this venue, the SHTF and every single thing gets thrown at me. Can't figure out why this is, but I am continuing on and walking the walk. Trying to remember to stop and smell the roses.

Not sure why I always feel so inclined to work so damn hard.

Board footer