Noble Dreams

Noble Dreams

You are not logged in.

#141 Tue 8th Sep 2015 10:08 am

SW

Re: What's Happening

This is the wonder in my life now - went to visit the Zap Oracle (oh I love this place) http://zaporacle.com/online-image-oracle/

And drew my first card - #1 Defining where the querent is now -

1. Defining where the querent is right now.    
Metamorphosis

"All things must change to something new, to something strange."
— Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Human incarnation is usually a fluctuation between metamorphosis and stagnation. As the Dylan lyric puts it: "he not busy being born is busy dying."

Norie Huddle, in her book Butterfly, describes in poetic language the metamorphosis of caterpillar into butterfly:

"The caterpillar's new cells [after it has built its cocoon] are called 'imaginal cells.' They resonate at a different frequency. They are so totally different from the caterpillar cells that his immune system [that is the immune system of the worm] thinks they [the new imaginal cells] are enemies… and gobbles them up… But these new imaginal cells continue to appear, more and more of them! Pretty soon, the caterpillar's immune system cannot destroy them fast enough. More and more of the imaginal cells survive.

"And then an amazing thing happens! The little tiny lonely imaginal cells start to clump together, into friendly little groups. They all resonate together at the same frequency, passing information from one to another. Then, after a while, another amazing thing happens! The clumps of imaginal cells start to cluster together!… a long string of clumping and clustering imaginal cells, all resonating at the same frequency, all passing information from one to another there inside the chrysalis.

"…Then at some point, the entire long string of imaginal cells suddenly realizes all together that it is Something. Different from the caterpillar. Something New! Something Wonderful! …and in that realization is the shout of the birth of the butterfly!

"Each new butterfly cell can take on a different job. There is something for everyone to do, and everyone is important. And each cell begins to do just that very thing it is most drawn to do. And every other cell encourages it to do just that. A great way to organize a butterfly!"

For there to be a metamorphosis, certain existing structures need to be broken down to make room for new ones. In the chrysalis, most of the caterpillar's old body is digested and used as a nutrient source to construct the new body. The human ego, however, fears change and tends to desperately cling to an existing identity. Metamorphosis can, therefore, be interpreted as catastrophic, and the old ego-identity, recognizing a threat to its very existence, will seek ways to defend itself. Like the caterpillar, the old self may have an immunological reaction to the budding of the new self. Also like caterpillars, we have imaginal cells within us, parts of us that contain the catalytic vision-seeds of the future.

Let's ground this with a personal example. Sometime in the Nineties an eighty-year-old woman, who was a Jungian analyst, gave a talk I attended in Boulder. At the end of her talk there were questions from the audience and the first one came from a young woman. "Now that you are an elder," asked the young woman, "what you can tell me as a young woman about love?" The elder woman replied, "When I was your age I was desperately trying to be loved. But now I know that it is better to simply be love."

The old woman describes a profound metamorphosis that took decades. The metamorphosis from self-centered to selfless is one of the most classic and valuable. Goethe described it this way:

"Human life runs its course in the metamorphosis between receiving and giving."

I have been working on exactly this metamorphosis in my own life. As a recovering narcissistic personality type, I find that it is very easy for me to fall into preoccupation with being loved. Many of us fall into the common delusion that if only we can be loved by some particular person we aspire to romantically, then everything will be great. But if I allowed myself to focus obsessively on being loved, I would only be prolonging adolescence into middle age. Also, trying to be loved doesn't work all too well. If what we want from others predominates, then most will correctly sense us as needy and self-centered, which will likely make us less attractive to them. The more we try to contrive and force progress with love, the more neurotic and desperate we become, which only helps to keep love away. A person who has successfully moved toward being love, however, is like a source of love and warmth that other people want to be near.

"The story of Americans is the story of arrested metamorphoses. Those who achieve success come to a halt and accept themselves as they are. Those who fail become resigned and accept themselves as they are." — Harold Rosenberg

As I work on the long path of metamorphosing toward being love, I can sometimes hear frantic inferior voices within me saying things like, But if I don't try to get love back from others I won't get anything. or, If I just focus on being love, others will just take that for granted and won't bother to love me back. Even though the old identity, which consisted of an uneasy coalition of subpersonalities and various neurotic stratagems didn't work very well in the past, they still want to be in charge. They're like a dysfunctional conspiracy of old, corrupt politicians who know that they have presided over famine, depression and a series of inner and interpersonal wars, but are nonetheless determined to be reelected and feel entitled to lifetime terms. To the old coalition of subpersonalities, metamorphosis appears as a looming black-robed reaper wielding a scythe. To a deeper self, metamorphosis appears as sunlight entering a smoked-filled room. As the sunlight intensifies, furtive figures scurry away into vanishing shadows and the light exposes crumpled masses of scribbled papers, the tawdry remnants of backroom dealings and smear campaigns that soon become cinders trailing away as wisps of smoke.

The metamorphosis from trying to be loved to trying to be love is very likely going to be something I'll still be working on when I am eighty, if I make it to that age. To keep such a gradual metamorphosis going takes continual vigilance and an ability to relinquish, to sacrifice the obsolescent focus on getting love and the various neurotic ways of trying to go about that. The example I gave of the eighty-year-old woman and myself was an illustration of one type of metamorphosis, but there are many others. The crucial thing is for you to know what sorts of metamorphoses are going on in you so that you can consciously assist these transformations.

If a caterpillar/butterfly had a human life span, then its time in the chrysalis would also last for decades. Unlike the caterpillar/butterfly, most human beings cannot afford to retreat into a cocoon while undergoing the metamorphosis. Usually we need to work on metamorphosis while still functioning in the world. To succeed with the transformation we need great perseverance, patience and just the right balance of firmness and gentleness with ourselves.

Whether you are undergoing sudden or gradual transformation, consider the occurrence of this card as a sign that this is a propitious time for metamorphosis.

HOPE is the thing with feathers   
That perches in the soul,   
And sings the tune without the words,   
And never stops at all        Emily Dickinson

#142 Wed 16th Sep 2015 11:41 am

SiriArc
AD VO ZIN

11   23   11

#143 Mon 16th Nov 2015 08:48 am

SW

http://www.filmsforaction.org/watch/today-i-rise/

Today I rise.

It seems that I am like a seed now that has been planted. I rest secure in the dark and wait with no fear.

#144 Thu 3rd Dec 2015 07:46 am

SW

Funny on a terrible day like this, here I come smelling the flowers.

http://curiousityshop.blogspot.com/2015 … grace.html

Loving the world. And loving all of you so much.

#145 Tue 2nd Feb 2016 05:21 pm

SW

http://curiousityshop.blogspot.com/2013 … eries.html

In the Lenten purification with the ashes we can take on this perfect light, not in another world after death, but here in this flesh. In this manner, we return our dust to dust, and find beneath it the fiery being and incorruptible light of our true Self—the Christ within.

May this February bring us to become beings of perfect love and perfect light.

Adding links to two wonderful discussions of the movie GroundHog Day

Eckhart Tolle on the movie Groundhog Day
http://dedroidify.blogspot.com/2015/08/ … g-day.html

Harold Ramis on the Metaphor of Ground Hog Day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkEUpymTanA

Blessings wished for all - life is calming down (thank goodness)~

#146 Sun 6th Mar 2016 10:11 pm

SW

https://www.brainpickings.org/2014/09/2 … ild-geese/

A secret message appeared just for me "Don’t allow your wounds to turn you into a person you are not."

And this lovely poem appeared just for me.

#147 Sat 2nd Jul 2016 10:04 pm

SW

Hello and good wishes to all my Noble Dreams friends. Sorry that we all don't seem to visit here so often I visit and then never seem to have the time to stop and chat.

I hope everyone is doing well -

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/Connie1947/Connie1947006/Bob%20and%20I%2050th%20wedding%20anniversary.jpg

Bob and I just celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary. We took a sunset cruise on the Mississippi River, it was lovely. This year has really seemed like it had it in for us, but we have survived and so hope everyone here is doing well.

We are having to move from our lovely home in the woods and this happened right after Bob recovered from his heart surgery. We were renting and originally were told we could stay for at least 10 years. Well it's been 3 and now the owner wants to return, city life was not what she expected. And the quiet beauty of this place, well who could resist. After many, many tears and heartache we found a house to buy. It's 100 years old this year, built in 1916. The original owner was a banker just like the guy in It's a Wonderful Life, he gave all his money away to help others and then lost his home. It's very full of history and elegance. My Bob just fell in love with this house, me not so much because no room for my garden. But I decided I could forego the garden and maybe take up writing on here and my blog again. Well just got a call that the vacant lot next door the owner said I could have a garden there. Life continues to be kind to us, and test us in new ways. Some days I just wanted to give up so tired of all the struggles. But we never did, we just have been through so much and know that this too will turn out ok.

So how are things for everyone and tell us about Brexit. I have my own strong views even though I am an American. Who can figure out how crazy, ugly and yet beautiful life is - it certainly is not what we assumed we would be celebrating in 2012.

I miss you all and miss posting here so much. I like everyone else am on Facebook because all my family, friends and coworkers are on there. But it most certainly can't hold a candle to ND.

Have to post a little to share, no one in my friend circle understands the things that matter to me. What happened to all the forums?

Love you all

This is the world that I so hope is hidden beneath all the chaos

Woke up to the most beautiful sunrise. Max my doggie kissed me awake cause he wanted to go outside and go potty. It was 5AM!!! I was so mad at him but then I saw the most beautiful sunrise and all the thousands of birds were gathered in the trees to sing the sun up. What if I would have missed it? Would I even be aware? It was so wonderful. I realized that this is what keeps me alive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxsmBc2 … ture=share

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frisson

https://www.patreon.com/posts/3646499

#148 Sun 3rd Jul 2016 01:18 pm

Sencha

Good to see & hear from you SW. As has often been the case, I only wondered how you are doing the other day and here you are popping up not long afterwards.

It’s funny how things happen sometimes and your home situation seems to have found a way of working out for the better. Funnily enough, I viewed a local authority apartment the other day and it was bang in the middle of my dream road, with open countryside stretching miles into the distance right outside the backdoor.

Unfortunately, the other viewer was offered it due to her having been on the waiting list for slightly longer than myself. I was gutted and uttered more than a few swearwords under my breath while walking back to the bus stop afterwards, but I later calmed down and realized she may have had a greater need for it in the big scheme of things, plus she seemed a nice girl too and someone who would genuinely appreciate it and have respect for the area and her neighbours. We can’t always get what we want, the way we want; but as with your case, things can work out just as well in other ways if we keep positive and have our eyes open. There will be other flats in that area, so I’ll stay patient.

If she had turned out to be yet another scrounging, ‘desperate’ asylum seeker, who had passed through numerous safe western European countries in order to bless the UK with her presence and claim free benefits and local authority housing, then I may not be feeling quite so philosophical…

Yes, I voted ‘Leave,’ but as I mentioned to Bhang elsewhere, it’s not because I believe for one minute that the corrupt UK gov has got any intention whatsoever of honouring the majority decision arrived at by voters; rather, it’s because if, as I suspect, they wriggle & squirm their way into either reneging on their pre-referendum promises, or twist the terms of the EU exit into enabling the continuation of the muslim invasion of this country, then it will hopefully enable more people to wake up to the fact that we’re living under a dictatorship, the agenda of which doesn’t care a damn about what they think or need. It may not prove enough to cause a full-scale public backlash, but hopefully it’ll be a significant step towards that end. We’ll see.

Within hours of the result being announced, the propaganda machine went into overdrive and it looks set to continue for as long as is necessary – i.e., until they can whip up enough public ‘fear’ to justify sticking two fingers up to what was a democratic decision arrived at by the people of this country.

I still check by here every day and am grateful for SiriArc keeping the forum running despite our lack of posting. I still regularly see upwards of 50 people viewing at any one time, so the site is clearly still considered a valuable resource. A lot of my spare time is spent reorganising my collection of dreams and it’s taken me over a month just to almost finish categorising them in a more logical order; the next step of editing and revising commentaries will probably take several months more. It’s something I feel needs to be done, as there is an overall message in amongst that lot, which needs to be extracted and presented in a clearer manner – if only so I can finally get my own head around certain things once & for all.

Congratulations to you & Bob on your 50th anniversary. I’ve not even been on the planet that long, so the thought of meeting and remaining with the love of my life for 50 years is mind boggling to me. It’s something wonderful that’ll I’ll most likely never get close to experiencing, but it’s always a pleasure to see others enjoying it.

I’d talk more, but I need to get ready to spend the night working in an accommodation unit that hosts over thirty paedophliles, rapists & murderers. But hey, at least I can get to practice sending them love, light & positive healing vibes, eh?  (rolls eyes) wink Catch you & others again soon, hopefully.

Last edited by Sencha (Sun 3rd Jul 2016 01:36 pm)

'Tea is drunk to forget the din of the world' - T’ien Yiheng.

#149 Mon 2nd Jan 2017 08:06 am

SW

Hello Dear Friends,

Oh Oh how I miss you all. I wonder what has happened to us all that we have grown so silent and entered the Matrix through a side door that keeps us entertained and spellbound.

Bob and I are fine, moved to our new home and adjusting to another new neighborhood with new people and places. A town full of old, old houses that many are falling down due to disrepair, sorta like our world, but an old elegance exists here. It is a town full of people who are proud to take care of the history that is here. I have become a volunteer advocate and that keeps me so busy. Also I have 3 offers of people sharing their land for me to have a garden next year. Our yard is nice but not really any room to plant a garden. We are happy.

I have been caught up in Facebook which I have a serious love hate thing going on. It seems to be a plot to drive us all away from "real" spirituality. It is sort of like life so easy to waste time on shiny bright things that really waste our time. But yet it is so pleasant to talk to friends from my life and all of my children and grandchildren in one place. But oh God forgive if I actually want to talk about "real" things.

I have neglected my blog, but it is calling me every day, I need to talk and read and feel what life is really about and what really matters. Who knew that in 2017 this would be where we all arrived. Strange is it not?

Donald Trump? Bob and I both voted for him and some of our children almost deserted us!! So much anger and hate coming from the ones that "supposedly" are all about peace and love. Very shocking and very eye opening. So many sending mean words and hate and saying "This is my America! How dare you?" Well folks this is my America too and you  have wrecked it! Not sure if we can come together ever again. But all these people who claim to be "for the good of the people" are anything but! I find them all very confused. But so do many of us.

But I yearn for discussions on finding what matters, the beauty of this world, real peace, real love, and dreams and miss you all so madly. Siri thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart for keeping this forum up and running. It truly matters. And I love coming back here and reading and re-entering a sane world.

Love you all from the bottom of heart.

And love to share this with folks that can relate -

http://wildethics.org/essay/key-quotes- … -sensuous/

In truth, the human experience of magic – our ancestral, animistic awareness of the world as alive and expressive – was never really lost. Our senses simply shifted their animistic participation from the depths of the surrounding landscape toward the letters written on pages and, today, on screens. Only thus could the letters begin to come alive and to speak. As a Zuni elder focuses her eyes upon a cactus and abruptly hears the cactus begin to speak, so we focus our eyes upon these printed marks and immediately hear voices. We hear spoken words, witness strange scenes or visions, even experience other lives. As nonhuman animals, plants, and even “inanimate” rivers once spoke to our oral ancestors, so the ostensibly “inert” letters on the page now speak to us! This is a form of animism that we take for granted, but it is animism nonetheless – as mysterious as a talking stone.

And indeed, it is only when a culture shifts its participation to these printed letters that the stones fall silent. Only as our senses transfer their animating magic to the written word do the trees become mute, the other animals fall dumb.

storstark

#150 Mon 2nd Jan 2017 03:50 pm

Sencha

Great to see you back again SW.

Last edited by Sencha (Wed 4th Jan 2017 07:35 am)

'Tea is drunk to forget the din of the world' - T’ien Yiheng.

Board footer