Noble Dreams

Noble Dreams

You are not logged in.

#11 Sun 8th Jan 2012 02:31 am

EerieElle
Eternally Evolving

Re: What's Happening

What a wonderful way to express his vision... and so soon before he passed. 

Interesting also that he chose "Mad World" by Gary Jules, made popular by Donnie Darko... where Donnie Darko (Ben Breedlove; uncanny alliteration here: one dark, one light) travels back in time through a wormhole when "the world ends" to save others.

Looking forward to asking him about all of this the next time I see him... smile

#12 Mon 9th Jan 2012 07:05 pm

SW

Interesting also that he chose "Mad World" by Gary Jules, made popular by Donnie Darko... where Donnie Darko (Ben Breedlove; uncanny alliteration here: one dark, one light) travels back in time through a wormhole when "the world ends" to save others.

Thanks for catching that. How much richer and deeper that makes the whole story. I too can't wait to meet Ben, he sure would have made a wonderful friend.

HOPE is the thing with feathers   
That perches in the soul,   
And sings the tune without the words,   
And never stops at all        Emily Dickinson

#13 Wed 11th Jan 2012 01:13 am

SiriArc
AD VO ZIN

S&W

http://forum.noblerealms.org/viewtopic. … 626#p56626

http://forum.noblerealms.org/viewtopic. … 681#p56681

After 3 days of SyncNudges (nagging tongue)

Specfically pointing to making You aware

(And obviously AnyOne else so inclined)

Via Library

“The Magician King” by Lev Grossman

(Finished Yesterday)

{Cover notes this is a “sequel” to “The Magicians”}

11   23   11

#14 Wed 11th Jan 2012 02:21 am

molly
♫♪
Website

SW wrote:

Thanks for catching that. How much richer and deeper that makes the whole story. I too can't wait to meet Ben, he sure would have made a wonderful friend.

I never noticed that....weird...

#15 Thu 12th Jan 2012 03:49 am

EerieElle
Eternally Evolving

Magician King sounds pretty synchronicitical.  Well, would have to read the previous one first.

And thanks again for linking to your Donnie Darko decryption.  I had read it before, but it's a good refresher.  Me and my friends in high school were strangely drawn to it (even before it came out, then saw it in theaters three times), and spent hours deciphering the super awesome cryptic website.  Things are making much more sense now. smile

#16 Thu 12th Jan 2012 03:53 pm

SW

After 3 days of SyncNudges (nagging tongue)

Specfically pointing to making You aware

(And obviously AnyOne else so inclined)

Via Library

“The Magician King” by Lev Grossman

(Finished Yesterday)

{Cover notes this is a “sequel” to “The Magicians”}

Found this quote on a review here - http://bnreview.barnesandnoble.com/t5/T … /ba-p/5449

Penny, one of Quentin's classmates, resurfaces at a certain instance to disclose some truths. "In the Order, we call it 'inverse profundity….' The deeper you go into the cosmic mysteries, the less interesting everything gets." Quentin doesn't quite buy this revelation: Penny's always been a bit of a twit.  And I think neither does Grossman. He's tweaking us, daring us to be callous, blinkered, stockbroker fools, to disbelieve in magic and render our own unique lives mundane. Rather, if there is any truth at all to Penny's observation, it might be turned inside out and inverted by one of Brakebill's spells, until it approaches the words of David Ben-Gurion: "Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles is not a realist." 

And Ben has struck a "chord" inside of so many. He reminds us of our choices -

Benjamin Breedlove
Posted by alanborky at 16:36, 10 Jan 2012

Recently Greg put up a truly heartbreaking vlog of a young man called Benjamin Breedlove.

I don’t wan’o go into the details too much because I’m easily set off and nothing I can remember for a long time’s cut quite so deeply into my heart as this young man’s life and death.

I just wan’o touch on two aspects of his account.

The first is his encounter with his hero Kid Cudi while ‘dead’.

Now if you’re an out and out atheist then that alone should be proof the whole thing was a figment of his mind: the so-called dying brain ‘explanation’.

But if you’re open to the idea the dream realm’s akin to a telepathic internet and’ll allow the possibility ‘people’ like Pythagoras and Juan Matus (a.k.a. the Comte De Gabalis) can have ‘spiritual’ doubles capable of acting independently of their knowledge then you won’t automatically dismiss the possibility Benjamin really did meet a version of Kid Cudi.

The other thing I wan’o remark upon is Benjamin’s observation about the astoundingly cool clothes he and Cudi were wearing and the feeling of invincible pride that seemed to flood through him.

This I found remarkable because it seems to corroborate the most advanced ‘spiritual’ teachings.

Most people’re know pride’s supposed to be a bad thing ‘spiritually’ (it comes before a fall) but what they’re probably less aware of’s this pride’s only what’s called relative pride i.e. it depends on one’s perceptions of oneself in relation to others including if not especially ‘God’ e.g. you can be the Prime Minister of Britain or the President of the US or France and feel so bereft at having compromised your every principle you’re taking so many pills you rattle but just so long as you think everyone else’s envious of how ‘successful’ you are you’re compensated by the feeling of ‘pride’.

The pride Benjamin describes sounds very much like what’s been called Heruka Pride (or Hera Cles “The Glory of Hera” in Ancient Greece) which’s an authentic sense one’s lived up to one’s best expectations of one’s true self and is a mark of Bodhisattvahood, Moseshood, Muhammedhood or Jesushood (where Christhood’d correspond to Buddhahood).

What I find distinctly interesting’s one of the techniques used to attain those levels is to try to visualise oneself as clad in the most dazzlingly perfect unearthily beautiful garments until it becomes effortless and there we have Benjamin standing before a mirror looking at himself and Kid Cudi effortlessly clad in the coolest finest clothes anyone ever saw.

Thanking you for touching me so deeply son.
http://www.dailygrail.com/blogs/alanbor … -Breedlove

I am finding so many "dream" synchs. I will post when I have some sort of organized chaos.

HOPE is the thing with feathers   
That perches in the soul,   
And sings the tune without the words,   
And never stops at all        Emily Dickinson

#17 Thu 12th Jan 2012 04:30 pm

11eagle11

SW wrote:

I am finding so many "dream" synchs. I will post when I have some sort of organized chaos.

smile   wink   big_smile

"Let Your Spirit Soar!"

#18 Fri 13th Jan 2012 01:49 am

SiriArc
AD VO ZIN

Double EE

Back when, You posted a PKD quote, the equivalent being

somewhat like Higher Awareness playing chess with

an ignorant (aka flatlander).

Have tried to find it a couple times but no go.

Seems like it was in one of N D's longer Threads.

Doth Thou Recalleth ?

Seth Noted That Genuine Pride

Is A Loving Recognition Of Your Uniqueness And Value

http://www.newagevillage.com/channeling/seth.html

Identity may be termed as action which is conscious of itself.

An identity is also a dimension of existence, action within action, an unfolding of action upon itself -- and through this interweaving of action with itself, through this re-action, an identity is formed.

Identity and action cannot be separated.

Without identity, action would be meaningless, for there would be nothing upon which action could act. Action then must, by its very nature, create identities.

11   23   11

#19 Fri 13th Jan 2012 05:03 am

EerieElle
Eternally Evolving

It's from a collection of notes I've made from the collection he donated to the CSU Fullerton library.  I found out in my last semester that he donated all of his stuff to the CSUF library thanks to a Wikipedia sync a week before classes began.

You can find the full document here, chock full of awesome:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/32512273/Note … lip-K-Dick

But what you're looking for is...

If we regard evil as simply earlier stages of a god in process, which he is working to overcome -- well,that does fit my own personal revelations, and is syntonic to me. I was shown how the whole thingworks but I did not comprehend what I was seeing; they were showing it to Mortimer Snerd. I did havethe feeling that I was witnessing a cosmic two-person board game, with our world as the board, andthat one side (the winning side) was benign, and the other was neither winning nor was it benign; it was just very powerful, but hindered by the fact that it was blind. The good side possessed absolutewisdom, could therefore absolutely foresee the future, and could lay down moves long in advance of  payoffs which the evil, blind, dark counterplayer could not anticipate. It was an encouraging vision. Inevery trick the good won; it beat the dark antagonist unerringly. What more could I ask from a UltimateVision of Absolute Total Reality? What more do I need to know? The score reads: Evil zero; Goodinfinity. Let me stop there, satisfied; the final tally is explicit.

smile

edit:  Realized my copypasta took out some spaces... was going to fix but I like how it worked out in the end.

Last edited by EerieElle (Fri 13th Jan 2012 05:25 am)

#20 Sat 14th Jan 2012 02:11 am

SiriArc
AD VO ZIN

By The Ton

ThankEEsay

(Slated for upcoming relay on the P D Thread)

11   23   11

Board footer