Noble Dreams

Noble Dreams

You are not logged in.

#1 Wed 7th Mar 2012 06:19 pm

SW

KONY 2012 Invisible Children

http://vimeo.com/37119711

My little niece emailed me this. I was amazed how much it affected me, it goes straight to your heart. I couldn't stop crying, but "good" crying.

KONY 2012 is a film and campaign by Invisible Children that aims to make Joseph Kony famous, not to celebrate him, but to raise support for his arrest and set a precedent for international justice.

I love this comment:

A world in which a project like this succeeds is a world worth living in.

HOPE is the thing with feathers   
That perches in the soul,   
And sings the tune without the words,   
And never stops at all        Emily Dickinson

#2 Fri 9th Mar 2012 02:56 pm

Charles
Website

Re: KONY 2012 Invisible Children

Thanks so much for giving us the SW.  Startling and amazing.

I signed the petition of course.   

At my age I'm not putting up posters, but I find it wonderful how,  finally,  a peaceful army of our youth  (from all over the world)  have been  energized to work together to help these children and their families.     

2012 seems to be the year  .........  !

We Are One.

#3 Sun 18th Mar 2012 06:45 am

SW

Globalists Pull Plug on Kony 2012 with Spectacular Crash & Burn

Tony Cartalucci
BlacklistedNews.com

Over the past week, as Invisible Children and their corporate sponsors performed desperate damage control, ties between the alleged “charity” and the US State Department, Wall Street speculator George Soros and his Open Society Institute, and a myriad of corporate-funded foundations began surfacing and spreading just as quickly as their documentary Kony 2012 rose to fame.

Image: (via Infowars) A visual representation of Invisible Children’s true backers and master minds. They will gladly shed their front group in the name of self-preservation and making a clean escape.
….

Perhaps most importantly, the term AFRICOM began gaining wider notoriety as did the mission of AFRICOM - the neo-colonial plundering of all of Africa. And as this single backfiring propaganda stunt threatened to unhinge a continent-spanning corporate-military industrial campaign, the plug was abruptly pulled with news of Invisible Children’s director Jason Russell being arrested for lewd behavior in public.

http://www.blacklistednews.com/Globalis … 8/Y/M.html

Read more at link. I am way, way too dumb to make any kind of sense as to what is the real truth behind this quickly changing event. That video brought tears to my heart and eyes and felt like a true message from the heart. But as soon as it was released it starting getting pounded on, questions about why did the producer use his son "a white child" to show a "black problem". Lots and lots of hate mongering folks piled on. I have been aghast ever since.

And now this? Something just doesn't meet my sense of smell here. If this was the evil guys to begin with, what was the purpose? Please someone who understands the games of power help me to see through this.

And help keep me from falling back into the world of suspecting everything and everyone that they all have an agenda. This makes me so sad.

#4 Sun 18th Mar 2012 08:56 am

11eagle11

Hi SW...Wishing You Well !

Yes, it does get tiring when about everything seems to have an alter agenda attached.
Even for me, mr. positive.

"Let Your Spirit Soar!"

#5 Sun 18th Mar 2012 06:16 pm

Charles
Website

We are always free to choose what to believe.

As you say SW,  "If this was the evil guys to begin with, what was the purpose?"

It had a real home made feel to it. 
If it was corporate-funded,  the only purpose I can think of is to distract us.   Maybe some nefarious plan is underfoot, and they want our attention elsewhere.

There is also another possibility:
Tony Cartalucci  of Blacklisted News has an agenda.   Maybe George Soros owns him.   We know that the Illuminati eat well on our fear and hate and anger. 

That video excited a lot of care and compassion,  love and generosity,  and level headed peace mongering.   Watching our children from all over the world unite to save others has also created Joy and Hope.     

The Evil Bloodthirsty would starve if that caught on.

We Are One.

#6 Mon 19th Mar 2012 01:25 am

Merci

The idea was to generate support and finances to get into the Congo where vast resources are. Kony has been out of there for 5 or 6 years. But the video did do something wonderful, here is the guy to explain it...

#7 Mon 19th Mar 2012 02:54 pm

Bhang
Paradigms of Vigilance
Website

Merci, thank you for clearing this up. I knew it was a sham to begin with but was just waiting to see how long it took people here to get it. Just another pitiful attempt to start another war.

“Intelligence is the capacity to receive, decode and transmit information efficiently. Stupidity is blockage of this process at any point. Bigotry, ideologies etc. block the ability to receive; robotic reality-tunnels block the ability to decode or integrate new signals; censorship blocks transmission.” - Robert Anton Wilson

#8 Tue 20th Mar 2012 04:17 am

Charles
Website

Fascinating. 

And I like that guy, truth doesn't upset him, it's to be expected.   Instead he points out the small steps leading to a bright future.

Thanks Merci.

And thanks SW, for sharing this video with us all.

We Are One.

#9 Wed 21st Mar 2012 03:59 pm

Charles
Website

At the Huffington Post  (a few day ago, don't know that you can see it now?)  the President of Uganda (9 minute video) said that the Ugandan Army had chased Kony out of their country a while ago.  His still doing his same atrocities, but not in Uganda.

In The Week  (3/23/12, weekly magazine) I learned:

That  "war has been raging in that region of Africa since 1986, and that the incursion of foreign forces has always resulted in more violence, more killings, and more abductions."

And that   "Last year President Obama sent special operations troops to help coordinate regional efforts by several African governments to find him."

I think Bhang is right, and we don't need to be in another war right now.   Think about our army in Africa having to kill an army of maddened children to get to Kony !   Just more killing and more infectious madness for our troops.  Perhaps what Obama has already done is all this country can do at the moment (?)  And we've already learned that UN forces are worthless.

We Are One.

#10 Fri 23rd Mar 2012 06:05 am

SW

Thank you Merci for that video it helps me to feel better. I feel so very sad for the maker of the video, who is now hospitalized with mental stress -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-17468999

Advocacy group Invisible Children's co-founder will be in hospital for weeks after he was found semi-naked and screaming at traffic, his wife says.

Imagine that for years and years you have been struggling to bring attention to the horrible plight of African children, you give it all of your attention and release this video that you have worked so hard on, and within days have a huge viewing and then to have all of the armchair intellectuals of the world pound upon you with an iron fist. Tearing apart all that you have struggled to do. I feel that I too would have a "mental breakdown". He has been accused of horrible things and all because he wanted to help children.

If this is some "white savior complex" that he has been accused of why then do not these same people who are accusing him ask why in this day and age after we have donated, and donated and cried and cried, why is this still happening? Why are the children of Africa still suffering? Where are the black saviors who actually give a damn? When will this horror for children end? Endless hypocrisy and endless finger pointing while children are stolen, killed, raped, and starved as nothing changes.

But this video has changed things, oh yes, it has planted a seed that will not stop growing,

And so a divide was formed among the 80 million people or so who had watched the Stop Kony campaign, comprising those who thought it a good idea to mobilise the digital generation of 14 to 24 year olds into lobbying their governments about the need to end Mr Kony's horrific exploitation of children who were just like them, regardless of where Mr Kony now currently resides.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-17434183

Graca Machel - Nelson Mandela's wife and a long-time campaigner in this cause - said of the verdict: "Those who engage in these practices should not only be treated as pariahs in this world but they must be hunted down, tried, convicted and given the maximum sentence. It is abhorrent that individuals like Lubanga will use children as cannon fodder to do their bidding in a selfish drive to control resources for personal gain."

And that was essentially the message of the Kony 2012 campaign which seemed to have got get lost in its own hype.

And so we learned this week not to shoot the messenger

Hallelujah!

http://curiousityshop.blogspot.com/2007 … usand.html

And once again, thank you Charles, your words always, always speak straight to my heart. Thank you for being who you are.

And this little one has the answer -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxm5ol6G … r_embedded

Just be kind!

Last edited by SW (Fri 23rd Mar 2012 06:11 am)

Board footer