Noble Dreams

You are not logged in.

#1 Mon 8th Oct 2012 09:37 am

molly
♫♪
Website

Eatting Better, Having Better Energy & Dreams

http://i50.tinypic.com/2namw4y.jpg

I'm going to try to eat a meal like this every day. Praise technology for Crock Pots tongue

Made this soup with brown rice, onions, potatoes, tomatoes, cilantro, red cabbage, carrots, beets, ginger, turmeric, rosemary, thyme, basil, black pepper, little bit of sea salt, garlic, & strawberries.

A smoothie made of blueberries, kiwi, strawberries, little bit of plain coconut milk, & almond milk.

Look at all the colors!!! ..and my dirty countertop hmm . Okay, I made this soup in my walk-in closet last night, because I knew it would have to cook for a few hours. I didn't want to risk waking anyone up. That's my story & I'm sticking to it.

I'm trying to eat healthier. So far I dig it. I wasn't too bad off before, but I'm trying to do it even moreso now. I've noticed I have A LOT more energy now & my dreams are more vivid & I can remember them better.

Recently, I even had a dream that I was hungry for eggs. Was standing in a kitchen about to cook some when someone said to me "Don't cook those. They aren't cage free, they come from miserable chickens."

Hmm.

#2 Mon 8th Oct 2012 10:11 am

Sencha

Re: Eatting Better, Having Better Energy & Dreams

That's one mean looking smoothie alright! At my local supermarket blueberries cost the equivalent of $3.20 for around 20 of them - so unless I find them reduced then I don't buy them on principal. All that 'live' food might be giving your etheric levels a boost so maybe that's good for dreams and remembering them.

When I can get hold of it I love coriander in smoothies tongue

'Tea is drunk to forget the din of the world' - T’ien Yiheng.

#3 Tue 9th Oct 2012 01:55 pm

molly
♫♪
Website

There's an organic blueberry picking farm walking distance from my house. You go out there with a big coffee can & pick all you want. I filled the whole can up & it only cost me $8! I've eaten them all though & the farm is now closed for the season sad

So I bought these at the regular grocery store, frozen in a bag.

Ya know.. I've never even heard of coriander before >.< I'm gonna have to look into that. Also maybe get some spirulina or whatever it's called.

#4 Wed 10th Oct 2012 11:34 am

Sencha

I've never tried Spirulina but I hear it's meant to be one of the superfoods. Unfortunately it's also horrendously expensive over here and if you can get a hold of it at a reasonable price then you're lucky. I think the smell of coriander is beautiful and if you have a lot of sun where you are then you may be able to grow it.

#5 Mon 15th Oct 2012 02:48 pm

Valentine

Here, we know coriander as the seeds of the cilantro plant.  It's used a lot in Tex-Mex cuisine but fits well with many types of cuisine and traditional foods.  I really love the taste.  It seems to be a love it or hate it sort of taste.  Not only is this herb tasty, it has medicinal properties as well. 

http://www.nutrition-and-you.com/cilantro.html

http://www.naturalnews.com/027942_cilan … etals.html

One of the most delicious dishes I ever had with cilantro in it was a Vietnamese barbeque.  There were little pork meatballs with veg and cilantro with fish sauce wrapped in rice "tortillas".  I moved and lost track of that restaurant, but I'd sure like to have that again.

Kindness is the language the blind can see and the deaf can hear.  Mark Twain

#6 Tue 16th Oct 2012 10:10 am

Sencha

Some great info there Valentine! I'd never looked into the nutritional benefits of that herb and I'm especially impressed with its ability to help us clear out heavy metals toxins. I was recently told of a local market where they sell large bunches of it for around £1 and they also sell methi (fenugreek) which I tried for the first time recently and I found it's got a slightly spicy / hot taste to it. I guess it's also one of those love it or hate it tastes.

#7 Wed 17th Oct 2012 08:05 am

Valentine

I must try fenugreek if I can even find it around here.  Even our farmers markets carry the same old stuff that we can buy at a supermarket.  I'm going to guess I wouldn't like fenugreek, but I'd sure like to verify it.

Kindness is the language the blind can see and the deaf can hear.  Mark Twain

#8 Wed 17th Oct 2012 10:26 am

Sencha

The spicy taste took me by surprise and I'm not sure it'll go well in smoothies, but I'll let you know acklad. It is subtle though so it may go well with Mexican-type stuff.

#9 Wed 17th Oct 2012 12:36 pm

blue
observer
Website

Here is an ebook on Smoothies - it's on free promo

http://www.amazon.com/Smoothies-Runners … B0072ZI616

and while you are there (completely unrelated but free)

http://www.amazon.com/Secret-Angel-Seve … B0069VMCUA

___________________________________________________________________ God put me here to accomplish certain things.
I am so far behind I will never die.

#10 Wed 17th Oct 2012 09:59 pm

molly
♫♪
Website

Oh-Ma-GAWD I LOVE CILANTRO. I put cilantro in so many things. It is so delicious. So, i am sure i will love anything to do with it lol.
My favorite herbs are cilantro, french tarragon (my tarragon plant got fried out in the sun this summer though.. i'm going to have to find one in a nursery & have it indoors under a grow light), thyme (especially lemon thyme), & rosemary. Also got a chocolate mint plant i sometimes just sit around & munch the leaves nom nom nom nom.
Thanks for those links, Blue!!!!!

Board footer