Noble Dreams

Noble Dreams

You are not logged in.

#1 Fri 22nd Feb 2013 09:31 am

SW

Journey to Midway

http://www.midwayjourney.com/

MIDWAY

The MIDWAY media project is a powerful visual journey into the heart of an astonishingly symbolic environmental tragedy. On one of the remotest islands on our planet, tens of thousands of baby albatrosses lie dead on the ground, their bodies filled with plastic from the Pacific Garbage Patch. Returning to the island over several years, our team is witnessing the cycles of life and death of these birds as a multi-layered metaphor for our times. With photographer Chris Jordan as our guide, we walk through the fire of horror and grief, facing the immensity of this tragedy—and our own complicity—head on. And in this process, we find an unexpected route to a transformational experience of beauty, acceptance, and understanding.

We frame our story in the vividly gorgeous language of state-of-the-art high-definition digital cinematography, surrounded by millions of live birds in one of the world’s most beautiful natural sanctuaries. The viewer will experience stunning juxtapositions of beauty and horror, destruction and renewal, grief and joy, birth and death, coming out the other side with their heart broken open and their worldview shifted. Stepping outside the stylistic templates of traditional environmental or documentary films, MIDWAY will take viewers on a guided tour into the depths of their own spirits, delivering a profound message of reverence and love that is already reaching an audience of tens of millions of people around the world.

View the film trailer here:

Please share.

http://vimeo.com/25563376

HOPE is the thing with feathers   
That perches in the soul,   
And sings the tune without the words,   
And never stops at all        Emily Dickinson

#2 Fri 22nd Feb 2013 10:29 pm

Tom Paine
Tom Paine

Re: Journey to Midway

Thank you for that, SW.

Reminds me of the movie I saw back in 1965 called Mondo Cane.
One of the scenes depicted the disruption of the Albatross colonies caused by the military
landing strips that the war weenies built on the island
I wanted everyone to see it to wake them up to what's really going on on the planet.

Lotta damn good it did.
Still...we try.

TP

#3 Wed 27th Feb 2013 08:16 am

Valentine

Very sad. Very damning of our species and, yet, we continue to do the same things without a care to the planet or the life that inhabits it. sad

Kindness is the language the blind can see and the deaf can hear.  Mark Twain

#4 Thu 28th Feb 2013 09:50 am

SW

I am in a sorta good mood lately, so I am hoping that it's because we are so dumb and hard headed that we are finally waking up to the horror that we have set upon our home. Yes our home. We need to realize it's our home and the home to every single life on this our only planet.

Love to see you here Valentine. Hope all is well with you. I am finding the humor in life again. I just pick myself up and try again. Hope you are the same.

And thank you Tom, for all that you do.

Love this: Please feel free to share -

http://dailygrail.com/2013/2/Kickstarter-Continuum

We hope that this documentary will change the way we think as a species – to stop seeing ourselves as separate from each other, from the planet and the cosmos – and inspire us to work together to transform our planetary crises.

By weaving together perspectives and ideas from some of the key theorists and thinkers in the fields of cosmology, environmentalism, sustainability, social theory, anthropology and systems dynamics, Continuum tells the story of where we have come from, where we are now, and the possibilities for our future.

HOPE is the thing with feathers   
That perches in the soul,   
And sings the tune without the words,   
And never stops at all        Emily Dickinson

Board footer