Noble Dreams

Noble Dreams

You are not logged in.

#1 Tue 24th Sep 2013 03:55 pm

Solstice
Solstice

Ted Cruz filibuster

The Ted Cruz filibuster is happening for about two hours now. The way I understand it, Cruz is filibustering proceedings leading to a vote that would stop the bill that would both defund Obamacare and provide continuity for a prelim government budget.

Some of these internet articles are off the hook retarded. They don't even know what the heck they're talking about. Sometimes they even get it perfectly backwards.

Look at this article at HuffPost, it's totally backwards in everything it says.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/2 … 77222.html

Mitch McConnell Rejects Ted Cruz Push To Filibuster Bill Defunding Obamacare

WASHINGTON -- Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) doesn't back the push by Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) to vote against bringing up a bill to defund Obamacare, a McConnell aide told The Huffington Post.

"Senator McConnell supports the House Republicans' bill and will not vote to block it, since it defunds Obamacare and funds the government without increasing spending by a penny," McConnell spokesman Don Stewart said.

The title and first paragraph would actually have people believe that Cruz would be trying to stop the bill to defund Obamacare. No, it's the exact opposite.

Seriously, what the f??

#2 Wed 25th Sep 2013 04:45 am

Solstice
Solstice

Re: Ted Cruz filibuster

Cruz is going on he 15th hour of this filibuster. So far he has covered Green Eggs and Ham in its entirety as well as the moon and his favorite burger stand.

The media liberals seem to be strangely afraid of this situation even though they keep saying it cannot be fruitful, there definitely seems to be a lot going on behind the scenes somewhere.

#3 Wed 25th Sep 2013 08:55 am

google

Can you dumb this down a bit for me?
What's going on? I'm a Canadian, we don't have filibusters
we have 5-for-fighting.

#4 Wed 25th Sep 2013 08:59 am

Solstice
Solstice

#5 Wed 25th Sep 2013 09:09 am

Solstice
Solstice

google wrote:

we have 5-for-fighting.

Well it's kindof like this. There is a corrupt political establishment in the Executive branch of our government it's called the Obama administration. They've drafted the trainwreck healthcare bill insidiously named the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) and lied to the people about it then got it passed through Congress without it even having been read by the people who voted on it.

Now because of government funding sequestration the govt. is facing another debt limit deadline at the end of Sept. and the Republicans have drafted a bill that would provide for a temporary continuity of government funding but also includes legislation to completely defund the Obamacare trainwreck.

The liberals and shills mostly contained in the Democratic party which happens to control much of the Senate, I believe, has sent this bill back to the House of Representatives in an attempt to force them to change it.

And that is what Ted Cruz is filibustering; proceedings that could lead to their govt. continuity/Obamacare defunding bill to be stopped. Which would also certainly lead to what they're calling a government shutdown which is really just a discontinuation of certain parts of the government - which is probably only the parts of the government that have already been chosen by the conspirators who have orchestrated the entire scheme from the beginning.

So basically Ted Cruz is standing up for what he believes is right by filibustering any proceedings that would most likely lead to an end to the bill they sent to the Senate.

Ted Cruz and some of the Republicans are trying to totally defund Obamacare.

#6 Wed 25th Sep 2013 09:11 am

Solstice
Solstice

google wrote:

we have 5-for-fighting.

Oh yea and a filibuster is when a House member will stand there and talk about anything on their mind for the purpose of wasting all the time his political enemies would have used to politically oppose their ideals. So he gets to talk about Green Eggs and Ham and whatever else comes to mind.

#7 Wed 25th Sep 2013 09:22 am

Solstice
Solstice

So he's going on about 19+ hours since around 2:00 yesterday. Don't ask me how he's still awake. He better had got some good stuff in him. va

#8 Wed 25th Sep 2013 09:28 am

google

I get it.
thanks.

does this mean ObamaCare will be scrapped?

#9 Wed 25th Sep 2013 04:14 pm

SHUSAFLYIN

Why does Green Eggs and Ham get so much attention -- good God ... he spent hours with reason, logic, common sense exposing this
trainwreck Obamacare, being implemented by a criminal political oligarchy ...

#10 Wed 25th Sep 2013 04:19 pm

Solstice
Solstice

google wrote:

I get it.
thanks.

does this mean ObamaCare will be scrapped?

You know that's the thing, I don't really know. The news is acting like the whole thing is meaningless because of the way it works would mean the filibuster can't really change anything. So I'm pretty sure what it is is that they're leaving a whole huge part of it out and trying to act like it can't do anything. Plus the liberals are absolutely livid telling people on the news that people will die if they don't get Obamacare. They're so desperate it's like they turned into rabid dogs.

I think what's maybe true is that it could mean something but it would require other members of the other Democratic party to cave in and so that's why it's being called meaningless because of a presumption that this would never happen.

What's probably more true is there is a whole behind the scenes element that we aren't being shown and this filibuster probably has more to do with that than anything they've even reported on it at all.

Board footer