Noble Dreams

Noble Dreams

You are not logged in.

#1 Wed 21st May 2014 12:42 pm

Sencha

Interesting Up & Coming Film

I saw a trailer for Lucy yesterday after someone posted it up on The Outpost Forum. One the one hand it's possibly a fun look at what could happen if we start using more of our brains' capacity (although I would consider it more a case of what happens when we begin waking up to our higher minds), although on the other it could also be a part of the so-called transhumanist agenda and a sneaky way to desensitise us to hybridisation (note the brief appearance of reptile-like eye) and all the 'good' things that come with it - although best not mention the loss of true sentience and higher spiritual connection which is potentially the ultimate price to be paid for such 'upgrades.'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVt32qoyhi0

'Tea is drunk to forget the din of the world' - T’ien Yiheng.

#2 Wed 1st Apr 2015 12:43 pm

Sencha

Re: Interesting Up & Coming Film

I finally got around to watching this the other day.

Overall, I enjoyed it as a fast-paced ride, but there is some definite suspect imagery in the film; aside from the reptilian eye, there is also a scene where she temporarily morphs her hand into one that is clearly reptilian, and then the whole end scene sequence seems - in my view - to play into the transhumanism agenda, what with a 'Next Generation computer' that is used to store advanced knowledge of our true state. Also, we are presented with the idea that linear time is necessary for us to in-effect exist. Maybe at a 3D level wherein we're spiritually subdued, but then in an awakened state those same laws surely don't apply.

https://vimeo.com/116305717

#3 Fri 17th Apr 2015 10:09 am

Sencha

Re: Interesting Up & Coming Film

Board footer