Noble Dreams

Noble Dreams

You are not logged in.

#21 Mon 28th Jan 2008 04:05 pm

lyttylbyrdy
emerging

Re: Introduce yourself

Hey Folks!  Glad to be here with you all. 

Thank you for making this possible, Blue.  I always wished I'd found NR in its infancy so this is like a (noble) dream come true for me. smile  I really like the new name and subheading you chose, BTW.  I've decided to change my user name, too, for a number of reasons...first to make a fresh start, second because my real name roughly translated in my mother's native tongue means "bird" and thirdly since I feel like in a way I've just been nudged out of a nest. wink  There are a few subjects I'd like to pursue further here in a more focused and structured manner than I did in the past.  And although I've never been a prolific poster (and likely never will be) I do hope to contribute to the growth here by sharing my own as I go.  So onwards and upwards!

darkstar wrote:

blue, the link at the top of this thread   http://forum.noblerealms.org/viewforum.php?id=23  doesn't seem to work...maybe it got deleted as well.  *shrugs*

Hi darkstar.  I think you need to be logged on to NR to view that topic.

"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are." ~Marcus Aurelius

"The noble soul has reverence for itself." ~Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche.

#22 Mon 28th Jan 2008 04:13 pm

darkstar
nixie

lyttylbyrdy wrote:  "Hi darkstar.  I think you need to be logged on to NR to view that topic."

Yep, that was the problem; thanks for pointing that out to me!

~Nikki a.k.a. nixie

Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all.   
                                             ~Hypatia of Alexandria

#23 Thu 31st Jan 2008 01:22 am

Pamalajean
a free radigal

Hey there blue! It was so sweet of you to set up this forum.  It's difficult to believe how quickly you did it; you must have missed some sleep.  Mrs. blue must be a kind and understanding gal.

Namaste everyone.

Pamelajean

#24 Thu 31st Jan 2008 06:52 am

blue
observer
Website

Pamalajean wrote:

Hey there blue! It was so sweet of you to set up this forum.  It's difficult to believe how quickly you did it; you must have missed some sleep.  Mrs. blue must be a kind and understanding gal.

Namaste everyone.

Pamelajean

Hi Pamelajean, good to see you here.
I didn't miss any sleep, but Mrs blue sure is a kind and understanding gal.

___________________________________________________________________ God put me here to accomplish certain things.
I am so far behind I will never die.

#25 Thu 31st Jan 2008 11:35 am

treehugr
wandering

big_smile Hey Guys! I just made a slight change in my name from NR, so Im still hugging trees as usual.
Good job Blue and thanks for setting this up!

We will not discover our future, we create it. Ahead of us lies a new and supra-natural reality.  ....And the golden face of  the Buddha smiled across the ending of time.
Michael St.Clair

#26 Thu 31st Jan 2008 03:50 pm

Solstice
Solstice

Hi guys. It's me xenopope, maybe you remember me from NR? Good to see you all here. Good work on the forum, it looks nice.

#27 Thu 31st Jan 2008 07:41 pm

covertmetaphor
Cosmic Scientist
Website

Coming over from NobleRealms...

Hi Everyone!!!

#28 Thu 31st Jan 2008 07:44 pm

covertmetaphor
Cosmic Scientist
Website

voici wrote:

I was "millenium." on nr which comes from the Latin words "mille"  which means thousand and "annus" which means years. Perhaps, in my case "annus" means something else. I picked "millenium" because I think I'm a very old soul that's been around for thousands of years and I'm very weary from all those years of  b.s.  Anyway, now I'm finished with all that and am now "voici", which I mean't to write "voix, which mean voice,,,long time since I was French, so I've forgotten alot.
I have four distinct ways of looking at things. the open-minded seeker, who makes no commitment to or disavowal of occult claims; the soft skeptic, who is more prone to doubt than to believe; the hardened skeptic, who has strong disbelief about all things occult; and the believing doubter, who is prone to believe but has some doubts.  I do  believe in the unseen but always present representation of love, conscious thought, and free will. It is what makes us human beings.

I don't believe in any of it! Or do I? tongue

Glad to see you over here. smile

Cat and mouse games begin!

#29 Fri 1st Feb 2008 12:31 am

neXus
fool

Glad to be here too everyone!  And happy to see you all.  You are a champion Blue..  Thankyou for such a good looking public place. Well done!

I'm using my handle from NR too but with a slight change.  I love the construction of words. The english language was gathered in part, from abroad mix of languages.  It doesn't seem to have evolved from grunts and growls using arbitrary sounds for external objects and concepts.  It's construction and refinement over the last few centuries was clearly assisted by the guiding hand of gnosis.  I have often noticed that the root sounds, inherent in many words, is a story revealing deeper meaning.  So that a word is not merely a sound defining a part of sentence but is often a story in itself, revealing deeper metaphysical truth.  I don't know why i started writing this in my introduction.  Is it so you won't think i'm mad?  I'm past trying to hide it.   So i noticed that the word neXus is neatly divided with an "X", through which flows.... what?.... And, through which, ... 2 worlds are divided.

ne = neo = = = = =  new
X   = cross = crux = essential door
us = us    = = = = =  us

We each are our own neXus within US. The mediator between spirit and matter, we are the open door between universes.  We are being reNEWed by the NEW wine which is pressed through the arperture of the essential DOOR (the inner mediator) for US to drink.  My hope for US all, is complete intoXication of spirit. 

May our quest and our merriment (hic) continue.

New Us through the new door @ Noble Dreams

Last edited by neXus (Fri 1st Feb 2008 12:53 am)

#30 Fri 1st Feb 2008 03:16 am

carefulcarpenter
doG consciousness

Welcome neXus!  Thank the Lord the village still has a fool. lol

Here on the northern side we could use a new US.  I saw a cute bumper sticker a few years ago:  "A small Texas town has lost it's fool."

"Blinded by self-importance.... the visionaries of society haven't the vision of a blind musician nor the perception of a churchmouse_"

Board footer