Noble Dreams

Noble Dreams

You are not logged in.

#1 Tue 9th Jun 2009 06:23 am

SW

Neville Goddard: Imagining Creates Reality

The twentieth Century marked a period of spiritual awakening in Western society, as traditional Christian teachings were freed from literal interpretation to reveal the compelling power of their greater truth.

Nobody was more influential to this transformation than Neville Goddard (1905 - 1972). Indies, Neville began writing and lecturing on metaphysics in the United States in the 1930s, sharing his profound insight into the power of consciousness to pierce the veil that hides our true natures.

The resulting body of work, which includes books as well as lectures, many of which are available in audio as well as text form, stands as perhaps the most potent self-transformational techniques ever offered to the lay public.

In his simple yet elegant style, Neville teaches that man's awareness of being is the Divine Being in action. By cultivating and directing this awareness, we assume the capacity to consciously enliven inner Imaginal Realities, which in turn become the foundation of our physical experience. Unlike many lesser teachers, Neville drew on his own personal experience rather than theory or supposition, leading us on an amazing inward journey that culminates in the ultimate discovery of our own Godhood.   

Neville Goddard see the Bible as a grand metaphor for our personal connection with the Universe. He speaks about imagination, what is prayer and makes a lot of enlightening Bible interpretations. Imagination is his favourite tool for reality creation. A vivid way of seeing, hearing, smelling, tasting, and feeling reality.

Read also this article Searching for Neville Goddard by Mitch Horowitz
Neville Goddard was among the last century’s most articulate and charismatic purveyors of the philosophy generally called New Thought. He wrote ten books under the solitary penname Neville, and was a popular speaker on metaphysical themes from the late 1930s until his death in 1972. Possessed of a self-educated and uncommonly sharp intellect, Neville captured the sheer logic of creative-mind principles as perhaps no other figure of his era.

http://www.eso-garden.com/index.php?/weblog/C13/

http://www.mitchhorowitz.com/neville-goddard.html

(and one of my favorite characters in Harry Potter is "Neville")

HOPE is the thing with feathers   
That perches in the soul,   
And sings the tune without the words,   
And never stops at all        Emily Dickinson

#2 Tue 12th Jul 2011 05:56 am

SW

Re: Neville Goddard: Imagining Creates Reality

One of my most favorite examples of the power of our imaginations - look at all Harry has done for us. And how much we have all "grown up" sharing his story -

I know I have so enjoyed his story. I didn't know where to put this so picked this for the power and wonderment of our imaginations.

HOPE is the thing with feathers   
That perches in the soul,   
And sings the tune without the words,   
And never stops at all        Emily Dickinson

Board footer