Noble Dreams

Noble Dreams

You are not logged in.

#1 Wed 9th Nov 2011 07:15 am

SW

Is Capitalism dead?

We all know the world is in a very bad place. My own personal view is that we are struggling with a new vision that will help all of us 7billion souls to leave a world of goodness and love for our children and grand children. Labor is hard painful work, ask any mother.

So what to do? What kind of world do we want to leave for our children?

This article speaks truth to the problems we find ourselves with
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree … destroyers

The 1% are the very best destroyers of wealth the world has ever seen

Our common treasury in the last 30 years has been captured by industrial psychopaths. That's why we're nearly bankrupt

In a study published by the journal Psychology, Crime and Law, Belinda Board and Katarina Fritzon tested 39 senior managers and chief executives from leading British businesses. They compared the results to the same tests on patients at Broadmoor special hospital, where people who have been convicted of serious crimes are incarcerated. On certain indicators of psychopathy, the bosses's scores either matched or exceeded those of the patients. In fact, on these criteria, they beat even the subset of patients who had been diagnosed with psychopathic personality disorders.

The psychopathic traits on which the bosses scored so highly, Board and Fritzon point out, closely resemble the characteristics that companies look for. Those who have these traits often possess great skill in flattering and manipulating powerful people. Egocentricity, a strong sense of entitlement, a readiness to exploit others and a lack of empathy and conscience are also unlikely to damage their prospects in many corporations.

In their book Snakes in Suits, Paul Babiak and Robert Hare point out that as the old corporate bureaucracies have been replaced by flexible, ever-changing structures, and as team players are deemed less valuable than competitive risk-takers, psychopathic traits are more likely to be selected and rewarded. Reading their work, it seems to me that if you have psychopathic tendencies and are born to a poor family, you're likely to go to prison. If you have psychopathic tendencies and are born to a rich family, you're likely to go to business school

So what we have today is a form of "cannibalism capitalism"
First we eat our children
Then we eat each other
Then we eat ourselves

And, tragically, that's the way it is - because we allowed it to be.

http://www.macroresilience.com/wp-conte … -Loans.gif

What we are suffering from, is the all too common failure, of unrestrained factional Government.

It's a breakdown of the Rule of Law, and the complete absence of enforcement.

As Cicero put it, it's discord and sedition, and it's been deliberately sown over a long period of time:

"All those who would assume the mantle of public affairs would be well advised to heed two of Plato’s rules: first, to keep the best interests of the people so clearly in view that, whatever their own interests, those of the people will guide their conduct; and second, to care for the well being of the whole body politic, and not that of any one political party, especially not one which is prepared to betray the interests of the state for its own gain. The administration of the affairs of state must be taken like a public trust, to be undertaken for the benefit of those entrusted to one’s care, and not for the benefit of those upon whom the trust is conferred. Indeed, those who undertake the charge of government for the benefit of their political party while neglecting other parts of society infect the public calling with a dangerous virus–they introduce discord and sedition. If some adhere to the party of the plebes, and others to the elites, then few will serve the needs of the state itself."

Each of the three possible forms of Government (Democracy, Aristocracy, and Dictatorship/Monarchy), unrestrained, end similarly, and all too often, with uprising, Revolution, Civil War, great bloodshed, and collapse.

It's why the ancient philosophers devoted so much time and energy, trying to develop a solution.

Thoughts?

HOPE is the thing with feathers   
That perches in the soul,   
And sings the tune without the words,   
And never stops at all        Emily Dickinson

#2 Thu 10th Nov 2011 08:34 am

Valentine

Re: Is Capitalism dead?

It's the nature of the beast (capitalism) that it becomes ever more aggressively predatory in the pursuit of its prey (profits), so its minions must follow suit.  That sort of beast should never have been loosed upon the world and is primarily responsible for the destruction of our planet.  I think it would be easy enough to imagine numerous types of social and economic systems that would be better; it's eliminating the psychos that would be difficult.  I can't change them; I can only change myself but when I transform, everything else changes in relation to me.  If I transform my dream, the dream of the planet also changes.  I don't believe we will accomplish our goals until enough of us transform our dream.   We must figure out how we can inspire everyone to transform or a rather sizable number of psychos (because they're on every level) need to get the hell outta the way.  I don't care much if they drop dead or move to another planet, but they must go.

Now I might be wrong of course.  Perhaps by going ahead and trying to establish another way, another dream, inside this global nightmare the majority would begin to understand and change their way of being.  The trick would be getting these alternate systems going while under attack from the psycho predators and their enablers.  If only they weren't so greedy and threatened by successful alternatives, sigh.

Kindness is the language the blind can see and the deaf can hear.  Mark Twain

#3 Thu 10th Nov 2011 07:07 pm

Charles
Website

I'm feeling positive about our future.  Things always get worse before they get better, and old systems have to collapse before they can be replaced.   

Fascinating psychology study SW.

Those who have these traits often possess great skill in flattering and manipulating powerful people. Egocentricity, a strong sense of entitlement, a readiness to exploit others and a lack of empathy and conscience are also unlikely to damage their prospects in many corporations.

And of course you are right Valentine:

I can only change myself but when I transform, everything else changes in relation to me.  If I transform my dream, the dream of the planet also changes.  I don't believe we will accomplish our goals until enough of us transform our dream.

A doorway is opening, for those of us who are able to transform our dreams.  Able to realize and become our authentic Selves.  Able to welcome unity and empathy over individuality.  We are both more and other than we seem.

Our planet is evolving,  and some,  perhaps many of us are evolving along with her. 
This enlarges energies, for both good and ill.  The change has already begun,  tremendous fear, tremendous anger,  tremendous love, tremendous peace. 

Each of here now are very lucky, and should be thankful for this opportunity.  Plants and animals and humans are transforming right now.  Souls are growing and evolving right now. 

It's going to happen, because it was meant to happen.  Of course I have questions, but no doubts.

Main question is time.  Knowing that time isn't real makes it difficult for me to feel so sure about 12/21/12.  In a snap (?),  in an hour (?), in a 24 hour day (?),  or since we already see the beginning, will this evolution continue past that date ? 

It will be easier than you seem to imagine Valentine,  because the psychopathic  personalities will not be able to survive the faster and finer vibrations of our Golden Age.

We Are One.

#4 Fri 11th Nov 2011 07:06 am

SW

Found this quote today and I think I would like to share it here:

The first — and worst — lesson I learned in school was in Kindergarten. Even though I largely rejected it, it still took me years and years to unlearn it completely.

It was called "Musical Chairs."

And it teaches ALL the wrong lessons of character.

How very true. We have been taught from the beginning to be uncaring dopes.

What type of society would it be if ALL of us just practiced this simple rule:

"Do unto others as you would have others do unto you."

#5 Mon 14th Nov 2011 06:16 am

SW

http://vimeo.com/30266312
Flash Mob Peace Meditation
A SUBLIMELY POWERFUL NEW GLOBAL MOVEMENT

WE ARE THE 100%: Thoughts on the rEvolution
http://www.spiritofmaat.com/nov11/thoug … ution.html
Earlier this year, I found out about these things called "meditation flash mobs." Excited at the prospect of being in my heart with others in some of the busiest places in New York City, I became a meditation flash mob junkie. The experience consists of picking a busy, public place and then gathering to meditate together for an hour. Following the meditation we usually chant and do a little dancing. The crowd consists of indigo and crystal kids all grown up, actualizing their mission, and then others flock around them. These flash mobs have been happening all over the world, from Sedona, AZ to Moscow, Russia. The intention is to bring light and love to that area. The first time we meditated together was in Union Square, the busiest section of downtown New York. I was shocked at how blissful the experience was, how many people came to join, and how many people thought we were entertaining enough to watch.When we sit down to meditate, it's like the universe knows exactly what to do. The click into bliss is immediate. Every time we do these meditations, I see crystal cities of light descending up on us. The energy is very strong, and will usually affect me for days.

#OCCUPY THE WORLD

It was never just about the hippies. Everyone is down there, representing all of us. And the movement grew and went global so quickly. 70,000 people took to the streets in Israel, hundreds of cities participated and continue to participate all over the world. Northern Africa is liberating itself and choosing democracy without the US Army forcing them to do so. What is happening in the world right now is nothing short of amazing.

Our meditation flash mob team set up shop in Liberty Park with the protesters, and have continued with bi-weekly meditations since the movement began. It is unbelievable the variety of folks that are down there. We see our part as simply balancing and participating in the adventure.

Each one of us collectively created the reality we are living in now. Each one of us, whether we are members of the elite, whether we are the shrinking middle class, whether we are on welfare, whether we are the farmer in the US or abroad, have made decisions to support the current reality. And now, collectively, we are making the decision to improve it.

On a personal level, one of the things that gets me meditating on the street is the thought of childhood slavery and prostitution. Who else can't tolerate that? No more. I don't want an ounce of my tax dollars, of my energy, of my livelihood contributing unknowingly to these kinds of abuses. No taxation without representation.

(...) On October 27th, 2011 I went to the event with the 13 crystals skulls and the Mayan priests expecting something new and huge to hit me. But as I listened, I realized we had already achieved what they were talking about. Global unification was happening as they were speaking.The revolution will not be televised, but it will be between you and me, face to face, soul to soul. And I think we did it. The years of preparing through lightwork, ceremony, and the reading and rereading of prophecy were all validated when a global outcry for a better world hit the streets. People want a world that more accurately reflects their hearts, and are tired of letting corruption go by unchecked. We will continue to shout it out until our energy and hearts are fully woven into the new system. The new system is global, conscious and requires everyone to bring their full selves in to participate. It will take time to form, but it is happening.This new system exists within a different experience of time than we have known, it is born from our hearts, and not from our minds trying to fix something broken.

http://www.spiritofmaat.com/nov11/thoug … ution.html

"We Are the 100%"

Board footer