Noble Dreams

You are not logged in.

#11 Fri 2nd Nov 2012 02:41 pm

molly
♫♪
Website

Re: Kangen Water

TOM! Thanks for that link, broski. smile

I've heard about baking soda being used as well but never knew like what amounts & what to use it in. I had totally forgotten talking about it with someone until you posted that link. Yeah i could never afford a machine like this, & i think already something needs to be replaced because it keeps giving a "notice of cleaning" like every 8 hours hmm I'm not sure when the friend is going to get the machine back, they kind of fell off the face of the Earth after visiting & leaving it here..

#12 Sat 3rd Nov 2012 10:34 am

Sencha

That is interesting info about baking soda and while reading up on it I also came across people saying lemons and limes become alkaline when metabolised in the body. A lemon a day keeps the doctor away? - although maybe not the dentist if you don't brush your teeth afterwards, because the acid can apparently erode the enamel on your chops. big_smile

'Tea is drunk to forget the din of the world' - T’ien Yiheng.

#13 Mon 5th Nov 2012 10:34 am

Sencha

Strike that '...although maybe not the dentist if you don't brush your teeth afterwards, because the acid can apparently erode the enamel on your chops.' part, because I later read that the acid can soften the enamel on your teeth and if you brush straight away then the brushing can actually loosen some of it, causing tooth damage. They say to swill your teeth well with regular water afterwards and then wait around half an hour before brushing because that gives your saliva time to restore the natural ph level in your mouth. Or you can drink it with a straw and avoid any contact with your teeth in the first place.

Either way, I guess it's best to do your own checking rather than take my second hand info on the matter.

#14 Tue 13th Nov 2012 11:15 am

Sencha

I have been drinking the juice of half a lemon (sometimes a full one) mixed with warm water for several days in a row and to be honest I have felt like hell: headaches, muscle aches, and a foul temper to go with it. I wondered if I was overdoing it and this was a bad reaction letting me know, but I just read online that these can be symptoms of a detox. The thing is though, my diet is generally pretty good anyway and I don't smoke or drink, so I'm not so sure I've really got all that much to get rid of - maybe I'm just going too alkaline too soon? I was that rough yesterday I could have done with a beer and a fag just to chill out a bit.

The sites tend to say it'll pass after a few days or maybe even weeks, but I'm not up for feeling this lousy for that long - no way! I think it's something I'll just do once a week or so, or maybe reduce the amount of lemon I use down to a quarter.

Last edited by Sencha (Tue 13th Nov 2012 12:23 pm)

Board footer