Noble Dreams

Noble Dreams

You are not logged in.

#11 Sat 6th Apr 2013 10:49 am

molly
♫♪
Website

Re: Dolphins save woman and dog.

You & me, baby..we aint nothin but mammals.. so lets do it like they do on discovery channel tongue

#12 Mon 8th Apr 2013 12:33 pm

Sencha

A thousands curses upon you for having put that tune into my head!!! sjuk

'Tea is drunk to forget the din of the world' - T’ien Yiheng.

#13 Wed 22nd Jan 2014 07:07 am

SW

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/01/ … 3B20140121

Every year the fishermen of Taiji, in western Wakayama prefecture, drive hundreds of dolphins into a cove, select some for sale to marine parks, release some and kill the rest for meat.

On Tuesday, at least 30 dolphins out of the group of more than 200 held in the cove since Friday were herded by boat engines and nets into a killing area of the Taiji cove.

Fishermen waiting in the shallow waters by the shore, some in wet suits with snorkeling masks on their faces, wrestled the dolphins into submission and tied their tails with ropes to stop them from escaping.

Before the killing began, fishermen pulled a tarpaulin in front of the cove to prevent activists and reporters from seeing the killing. A large pool of blood seeped under the tarpaulin and spread across the cove.

"A metal rod was stabbed into their spinal cord, where they were left to bleed out, suffocate and die. After a traumatic four days held captive in the killing cove, they experienced violent captive selection, being separated from their family, and then eventually were killed today," Sea Shepherd Conservation Society activist Melissa Sehgal told Reuters.

I can't find words big enough.

HOPE is the thing with feathers   
That perches in the soul,   
And sings the tune without the words,   
And never stops at all        Emily Dickinson

#14 Wed 22nd Jan 2014 11:52 am

Sencha

Believe me I muttered a few upon watching the footage on Yahoo earlier, but I'll refrain from repeating them here - tempting as it is. I love so much about that country and its people, but this and whaling makes me very angry. I know it's just one example of the multitude of horrors that are inflicted upon the world physically and metaphysically every day - to both humans and non-humans - but how anyone can look at those creatures close up and then massacre them really does defy belief.

Mind you, perhaps some of those dolphin-spirits looking down at their asses on a dinnner plate will be thinking 'Yeah, go ahead and eat me: Fukushima mutha f*cka!' foo

'Tea is drunk to forget the din of the world' - T’ien Yiheng.

#15 Sat 25th Jan 2014 10:42 am

SW

So true Sencha. All the pain, fear and horror and now yes Fukushima! Some days it hurts so bad so very much to be "conscious". But I know nothing is never as it first appears and all things do work for good.

Once we begin to realize and awaken from the trance of "this is how we have always lived", it will change. But until then it hurts so very bad to see the things we do.

And the horror we inflict with no thought for all of the beings here on earth. They have evolved right along side of us, and perhaps they are even further (they have to be) along in their ascension or spiritual growth than we, and perhaps even they volunteer to suffer so we can awaken.

Those of us who watch and cry with broken hearts can only hope that soon this stage of our evolution will be over for all. Make of yourself a light were the Buddha's last words.

And the Universe responds -
http://threadsofspiderwoman.blogspot.co … alive.html

Everything is ALIVE and we should respect that.

#16 Tue 28th Jan 2014 06:58 am

SW

http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/outposts … encounter/

The Universe responds....................

Dolphin whisperer’ forms close bond with mammals during incredible encounter
Taylor Carty, who works with race horses, also has a way with dolphins

Captain Larry Hartmann has watched thousands of bottlenose dolphins ride the bow of his 30-foot boat, but until Friday he had never seen the mammals develop such a close bond with one of his passengers.

The accompanying footage shows several dolphins swimming to the outstretched hand of Taylor Carty and looking her in the eye, and taking turns rolling over, as if craving to have their bellies rubbed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4zON22Xi7M
Carty Taylor, or the “dolphin whisperer,” reaches out but does not touch a bottlenose dolphin in this video screen grab
posted the video link here in case the article goes away

I too love the people of Japan, and I too can understand "this is how we have always done it" but we are growing and changing and learning, and realizing that we are all part of this world and need to recognize that. We are like little children who need to realize that everything matters.

#17 Tue 28th Jan 2014 10:03 am

Valentine

Doing like we've always done it has doomed entire cultures in the past just as that attitude is destroying ours today.  Most lame justification ever.

Kindness is the language the blind can see and the deaf can hear.  Mark Twain

Board footer