Noble Dreams

Noble Dreams

You are not logged in.

• Index
  •  » Dreams
  •  » Mushroom Trip to Heaven, Hell, Then Back Again.

#1 Mon 20th Oct 2014 12:39 pm

Sencha

Mushroom Trip to Heaven, Hell, Then Back Again.

This really is about a mushroom trip and not a dream, but I figured this is as good a place as any to post my account of what happened.

The last time I took them was back in 1996 and it was what we all thought was the trip to end all trips. And so it was... until just recently when I decided the time was right to jump in again because I wanted to see how I experienced the trip in light of some of the metaphysical understandings I've come to in the years since 1996. So I spent a few days picking and ended up with a good batch of over 500 Liberty Caps, which I brewed into a tea that was made up of seven measured glasses of water. I genuinely thank god I wasn't stupid enough to whack it all down me in one go - like I was tempted to - because in light of what happened I'm not sure what sort of a state I'd have ended up in. As it was I only downed two and a half glasses of the seven and that alone blew my mind into a zone I've never been to before - and I've had some heavy mushroom trips.

While I was capable, I sent my mate some texts to update him as to what I was experiencing/had experienced, as I was purposely tripping alone but wanted to try and keep a record of my thoughts for future consideration. And to save me the effort of rewriting it all again I'll just paste the texts I sent him.

This was the trip of all trips for me and I briefly experienced myself in what I believe was my true state - or at least one during which the veil of occlusion was well and truly lifted. I also experienced the opposite and genuinely feared for my sanity and very existence at one point. Anyhow:

Text 1 (sent to my mate at around 9.30PM):

Gotta send this before I lose the ability - in a good way wink Drank one and half glasses so far out of the 7 measured glasses of water I put into the tea (started drinking at 8 and began coming up after half hour) so I have a load to go and mate... This equals ANY previous high - not better - but equal. Absolutely off it and texting is amazing. The phone visuals are tripping like heck. Update you later...

Text 2 (sent around 12.30 AM):

Mate... I just went through what felt like a battle for my soul. Don't ask cos can barely get this down. I'm OK and just learned THE most important lesson I needed to learn, but it was necessary to live through the highest of the positive (experience of true me) and the awful lowest of negative lows: almost complete loss of my entire identity - to experience it. Really thought I was gonna lose it at one point, but ultimately even that served a higher purpose. I learned to be my own anchor and believe me that got me through. My ass just got served. Will attempt to explain tom but this was no bad trip; it was a very rude spiritual awakening. In a bit.

Text 3 (3 - 7 sent between 1AM and 3AM while coming down but still fairly mashed):

Will do when I have a proper keyboard to use, cos my index finger will drop off if I try it now. Had the presence of mind - just - to video myself attempting to articulate what I was going through (positive) as I was peaking, so depending what sort of a mess I look on it I may post on YOUTube as a private link. When I was truly Me the positive syncs were off the scale - like permanent. I feel physically exhausted and only drank two & half glasses of the seven. Like no way I'm going near the rest of it now - not sure if I ever will ha ha. Like nothing else ever trip wise. Imagine the joy of pure self awakening (to the essence) in every way you can and then, later, in direct contrast, feeling the horror of your mind about to be absorbed into an overwhelming sea of chaotic fakeness - and a complete loss of individual awareness and sovereignty. Like I said I learned to be my own anchor and that is what got me through. Trying not to sound pretentious and all new agey bollocks, but Jeesus that humbled me like you don't know. Not having weed to smoke on the come down is a bummer cos you know how it feels, but even that is a reminder... Gotta sort my pet out and other stuff so gotta leave the feedback for now. Just gotta say, in the build up to experience of self I saw how the antagonism of opposing sides - or whatever - are ultimately complementary and therefore reconciled. Rather than being complex it was a simple experience, and one more thing: throughout the ecstasy and terror I was constantly aware of being coached throughout.

Text 4:

The paradox of an ultimately SOLVED duality was punctuated by streams of positive syncs that became self justifying. Not sure if that translates well. As I began to type this part down I heard 'It must be Love' come on the radio - by the group Madness. Another reminder of this fake & 'mad' reality and of one of the keys to transcending it. I never want to have to go through that again - but I'm glad I did it. Got to shut up or else will end up writing a book I can never conclude - and that's the point: it's a circle and you can't write yourself out of it. Just need to remember who the author really is. OK def going for now. Thanks for indulging my post traumatic stress rambling wink

Text 5:

Sorry, one more. I realized - in the truest sense - how our minds can be used to imprison us and ultimately to snuff us out, or to liberate us. We have to be our own lighthouse throughout the turmoil of this fake existence and no matter what happens always use the one genuine constant to get you through - and the issue of constancy is a huge one that one I had to grasp in order to hold onto my my mind at one point as it felt like I was crashing through simultaneous realities of possibility and it was the constant reminder to listen to my own coaching reassurances and realization of the lesson being learned (to focus on the real me/positivity/love) that got me through. Without that I was a cork being tossed around on 200 foot waves. I'm not exaggerating mate: it was that intense and at one point almost overwhelming. I had to coach myself bit by bit to get up off the floor and not succumb to the final act of laying down and conceding to the 'oppressor ' I knew this was not only about the threat to my own mind, but it was also reflective of the desired capitulation of all of us to 'it.' Over what felt like several minutes, I managed to get myself to my feet and start making my way back down the hall to the lounge, and as I finally made it there it felt like I'd emerged as victorious once and for all over 'it' - I guess by way of having remembered the essence of the nightmare and also of the way out; but I feel like I had the shit kicked out of me for 15 rounds in the process. I guess some 'get it' easier and don't need such an abrasive wake up call. Made my own rod, you could say.

Text 6:

At the peak, all dualities were solved via a natural rule of complemency. Ultimate yin/yang I guess. That is part of it (the solution) but the TRUE duality of the genuine and the sham, i.e., of our true state/the true state versus the illusion, needs to be felt - and reconciled - in order to extract ourselves. But yet I'm still 'here' and consciously the same as before my trip, so it's like I had a temporary invitation to an Open Day but I guess full admission to the club is only granted if I earn it - pass my entrance exams so to speak. At one point I was being bombarded with simultaneous multiple angles on any given concept and yet I gradually realized they were all a part of the same underlying tapestry. And I believe I truly saw and felt the energetic pattern all around and with us, and it was a pulsing geometric design, and while beautiful I see on reflection how even that is probably part of our prison and not something to be held onto. Acknowleded and understood, but that's all. On a trivial note, I strained the juice through old socks and a t shirt as well as the tea strainer to make sure all those tiny dead maggots didn't get through, and it didn't taste any where near as bad as it usually does. Maybe the slime being separated from the juice did it, but it was a deffo improvement. I bought some blackcurrent thing from the corner shop and only noticed after it contained aspartame, so that's why I had to tough it out without the mixer. Still had a rank advert taste though.

Text 7:

During the very worst of the almost losing my mind episode I was aware of having been through the exact nightmare previously. Yet I've never had a bad trip and I think what I felt was my mind attempting to make linear sense of something which is in fact beyond linear (time). I think I experienced a simultaneous second living of the same experience and that is because as it stands our true spiritual state in this realm is a macrocosm of what I was going through internally at that point in the trip. Need to shower and get some sleep. Catch you tom.

Text 8 (8 - 10 Sent this afternoon):

Geeza... I'm awake and feeling back to normal, albeit with the lingering mushroom hangover. Hope I didn't do your head in with those texts. I was still pretty off it despite coming down, but it helped to get it down so I can reflect on it. And this time it really may well be a case of no more cos I can't imagine being any higher than I was last night and I'm not sure what I would be able to gain in terms of topping the experience. Will see.

Text 9:

Thanks dude. On reading it back now I can see how it's pretty out there and hard to grasp for someone who wasn't in my shoes - same as I would be in trying to comprehend your own feedback. I have had to think hard on some of it just to fully grasp what I was on about at the time, so you're not the only one ha ha. I def took in too much in one go cos I felt like an old man trying to walk around, was finding it hard to get my words out and at one point couldn't make up my mind what day it was and had to talk myself through what I had done earlier in the day and the day before to become certain it was Sunday. While peaking I had to stop myself falling asleep on couple of occasions - something I would have previously thought was an impossibility while tripping. I think maybe my brain was so overloaded with info that it was like a computer attempting to shut itself down into safe mode. Worried me a bit cos I thought what happens if I find myself stuck in a nightmare dreamscape and can't wake up - and would that leave me vulnerable to malevolent take over? Overdose aside, the glimpse of my greater self was real and it was like it had always been there, it was familiar, and I knew I had planned it at some point as a learning experience. Things turned bad when I then drank even more, but I was being constantly reminded it was a lesson too - in the need to keep my mind positive and to CONSTANTLY stay connected to my true self in order to navigate the illusions of this realm and eventually emerge victorious.

Text 10:

Final thing: A major aspect of note was that during the experience of greater self I felt truly loved. OK catch you later

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmezIIrFQmY

Last edited by Sencha (Fri 24th Oct 2014 09:23 am)

'Tea is drunk to forget the din of the world' - T’ien Yiheng.

#2 Tue 21st Oct 2014 10:54 am

Sencha

Re: Mushroom Trip to Heaven, Hell, Then Back Again.

Positive syncs continued throughout the day yesterday, including my shopping bill coming to £10.11, but one of the more noticeable was as I was writing the initial post in the thread and listening to a drum & bass mix on YouTube. At one point I felt myself phase into a slightly different state of mind - just a subtle shift - and I knew something was coming up. The tune I was listening to changed with the introduction of a woman's voice and what she said/sang perfectly complimented what I was mentally musing over at the time in relation to the mushroom experience. What's more, it began bang on at 33.33 on the timer, and while there are various meanings to the number 33, the one I've remembered over the years relates to:

'The Angel Number 33 is a message from your angels that any positive changes or projects you are considering right now will be well worth your while, and you will be assisted in the undertaking.' (Although I guess 'angel' could just as easily be substituted for 'Higher Self').

And, the name of the artist performing the mix is Physical Illusion, which again relates to a major theme of the mushroom trip.

The mix (starts approx 20 seconds prior to the woman singing the relevant part): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CaWw3-nXKM#t=1989

This whole hour-plus of tunes lifts me up without drugs, so listening to them while on mushrooms would be amazing I reckon.

#3 Tue 21st Oct 2014 06:45 pm

11eagle11

Sencha, fantastic journey sharing...
Thank You so much, 
and I can certainly relate to the profound personal high/low extremities of Your experience
and the en'light'enment beyond the beyond!

"Let Your Spirit Soar!"

#4 Wed 22nd Oct 2014 12:22 pm

Sencha

Thanks mate. I have to give you a nod for the experience 11eagle11, because it was your own journey into the mushroom world that partly inspired me to dive back in there. And I'm glad we have a shared understanding regards the extremes.

I was thinking about the experience of self and I remembered that during the lead up to it I felt a huge heart connection with everything around me; not in an all-embracing love for everything that is (at least not to start with), but for the simple stuff that was immediately around me such as the things in my flat, the music on the radio (even the dodgy boy-band tunes that dared to invade my stereo), and as that feeling increased in intensity and it DID spread out to encompass all else, it gradually led up to the pinnacle of self remembrance. And, that in itself was less a case of suddenly realizing I'd stepped out of the regular me and into something bigger, and more a case of becoming aware that in actual fact a portion of me had previously* stepped out of what I was NOW in order to become the regular me that is here in 3D. Point is that Your endorsed focus on love, gratitude and heart vibes certainly does pave the way to the blossoming of a higher state. I know you know that (as do many others here) and it's not that I didn't believe you before, but I'd never experienced it in such a game changing way.

* I say 'previously' but there was no sense of linearity and I was experiencing the greater me as it has always been - in a state of timeless permanence - but I was still aware of myself having partially 'extended' into lowered consciousness. It felt like coming home.

Also, having watched some of the video recordings I made of myself attempting to commentate earlier in the trip, I remembered that during the build-up, the external guidance I was receiving became less and less distant, i.e., the higher I got and the more the heart-vibes built up in intensity, the more I began to feel a blending of the 'external' guidance with my regular consciousness, and the tipping point of my fully entering the state of self remembrance coincided with the guidance and 'me' becoming one: I was my own guide.

Last edited by Sencha (Wed 22nd Oct 2014 06:20 pm)

#5 Tue 24th Nov 2015 12:09 pm

Sencha

Whilst reading through 'Conversations at the End' in the Global Awakening News articles section http://www.pfcn.net/Bulletins/Notes%20a … %20End.pdf I found something that reminded me of the above experience.

From #4 (above): 'I was thinking about the experience of self and I remembered that during the lead up to it I felt a huge heart connection with everything around me; not in an all-embracing love for everything that is (at least not to start with), but for the simple stuff that was immediately around me such as the things in my flat, the music on the radio (even the dodgy boy-band tunes that dared to invade my stereo), and as that feeling increased in intensity and it DID spread out to encompass all else, it gradually led up to the pinnacle of self remembrance. And, that in itself was less a case of suddenly realizing I'd stepped out of the regular me and into something bigger, and more a case of becoming aware that in actual fact a portion of me had previously* stepped out of what I was NOW in order to become the regular me that is here in 3D.'

From 'Conversations at the End: 'In earlier comments I have suggested the state of an "excess of joy" with which comes a realization that there is no ascension to work toward or to complete because you are there and you are it! It is then that you find a launching point into the unlimited. It is a higher level counterpart to what I have called your own “becoming” in which human level “you” and your identity as your own “greater Self” are nearly indistinguishable at times. In some cases there are experiences of “ascension” while in others, there is an awareness of a partial descension of one’s higher levels. There is no more “seeking”.

I seems I may have stumbled down a shortcut route to the higher state described in the latter passage, although as of yet I haven't been able to get anywhere near to it again. While it was tempting to 'go under' again this year, I figured the wake-up call was primarily intended to act as something to set my sights on while working on myself in regular life. Attaining that state again is no good in the long run if I can only do it while off my box on mushrooms.

Full passage from the link:

“Notes at the End”
Compendium from December 2013 through May 2014
“Conversations at the End” ...continued
April 20, 2014 – edited May 14, 2014
(Based upon something written in early March of 2014.)
http://newearthsummit.org/forum/index.p … ml#msg6370

I will be posting a few short essays here. Some will be "densely condensed". Some may
seem a bit “enigmatic”. Partly these will add to what has already been published, partly
it will be an attempt to take things as far as human language may permit.
Many “spiritual aspirants” are keen on “confirmatory signs, both external and internal
ones.
Some are fixatedly attached to “prophecies” and “end dates” so they can decide when to
stop running on their “human treadmill” and finally get serious about what they have
always known to be of utmost importance.
In earlier comments I have suggested the state of an "excess of joy" with which comes a
Realization that there is no ascension to work toward or to complete because you are
there and you are it! It is then that you find a launching point into the unlimited.
It is a higher level counterpart to what I have called your own “becoming” in which
human level “you” and your identity as your own “greater Self” are nearly
indistinguishable at times.

In some cases there are experiences of “ascension” while in others, there is an awareness
of a partial descension of one’s higher levels. There is no more “seeking”.

The connection is there and as your various levels of being reconnect, the process
expands dramatically, limited only by your own capacities. What you choose to do with
this interim state is up to the “expanded” “you”. Actually, it is more a process of
unification and integration. Expansion, integration, etc. are all the same, differing only
from the vibrational level of the point of view that is regarding them.

Eventually (sooner than later) you Know that you are That Which You Seek and that you
have your own “bungee cord”, (your “train ticket”) ready to re-merge into your own
greater being that may eventually, re-merge with its originating point of differentiation
or individuation with Creator.

I have made reference previously to the “red pill” approach
(http://newearthsummit.org/forum/index.p … 470.0.html). Of course there is
no material “pill” to take, it is just a metaphor that borrows on some well-known
popular fiction.

The first “pill” is only a virtual taste of possibilities. Its effects wear off but certain
impressions and memories and information are retained. You then have an increase in
genuine free will to choose.

How do you use it? To continue on a path of spiritual Truth, or to become upset, angry,
distracted by all that is around you of the human-earthly realm? One more circuit on
the “merry-go-round” of falsehoods. You can really choose at this point.
If it is for the High Truth, then you take a second “red pill”. This provides enough
support to proceed on, and in so doing, you then take the third, etc. Each successive
stage it becomes harder and harder to engage on familiar terms in any way, shape, or
manner with your former existence as a self-oriented, social-tribal animal. Each time
you are tempted to consider that delusionary illusions as “real”, the fall backwards is
swift and just painful enough to make the point. You pull more of yourself together and
get up and begin the movement again. You get another “red pill” in this process.
You know there is no turning back and eventually there is the “excess of joy” that is your
true being. This “joy” is not the same as the addictive “bliss” that so many meditators
seek or that is taught by various spiritual schools to keep one passively attached to the
prison-state of a false reality.

There is no “death” to your existence, there is only your true life as an aspect of the
Divine. When you are done and complete as an aspect of that aspect of the Divine, you
know it and you are already free.

To be continued…

-Alex

#6 Fri 18th Dec 2015 10:38 pm

Bhang
Paradigms of Vigilance
Website

post #1 is sweetly delicious!

“Intelligence is the capacity to receive, decode and transmit information efficiently. Stupidity is blockage of this process at any point. Bigotry, ideologies etc. block the ability to receive; robotic reality-tunnels block the ability to decode or integrate new signals; censorship blocks transmission.” - Robert Anton Wilson

#7 Sun 20th Dec 2015 01:43 pm

Sencha

Gutted I accidentally deleted the videos I made while coming up, but then maybe it's for the best - if ever I had kids and one day busted them smoking weed, I'd never hear the end of it if they later found those clips on a secret memory stick.

• Index
  •  » Dreams
  •  » Mushroom Trip to Heaven, Hell, Then Back Again.

Board footer