Noble Dreams

Noble Dreams

You are not logged in.

#151 Fri 6th Jan 2017 01:25 pm

SW

Re: What's Happening

It is great to still be able to communicate my thoughts on finding our way during this journey with so many roadblocks and dead ends. Looking at my calendar - I have a day to just do what I want today, and noticed that today is "The Day of Epiphany" or "Three Kings Day" and when I look at all the double meanings and triple meanings and hidden meanings scattered throughout our history, it does make me breathe deep and a calmness comes.

So much to distract us in our modern world to ever have any hope of knowing ourselves much less knowing why we are here and where we are.

So many have turned away from religion as a lie and a cheat, but no religion also allows, anything goes, if it feels good do it cause nothing really matters except ourselves and pleasure. This is a dead end and a trick. My opinion.

But all of my life has been spent searching and knowing that there is much MORE much MORE to this thing we call life.

So on this day of "epiphany" here are some links and thoughts that I find make me realize this and want to know more.

Thank you for your good wishes Sencha - I have missed you all and thank you for always being a good friend.

http://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/ni … er-s-stone
Traces of the Alchemist Who Discovered the Philosopher's Stone in Paris

Alchemy is a discipline with ancient roots stretching back into some of the earliest chapters of history, with objectives in both the philosophical and physical worlds. Philosophically, alchemy looked toward the transformation of the self in pursuit of spiritual refinement, a crucial counterpart to the more practical endeavors of alchemy, with the belief that one could not perform the earthly transformations without first mastering the spiritual one.

http://curiousityshop.blogspot.com/2010 … s-day.html
Happy Three Kings Day

http://gnosis.org/ecclesia/homily_Epiphany.htm
A Homily for Epiphany
by Rev. Steven Marshall

Divine Guidance

The word Epiphany comes from the Greek meaning “to appear” or “to be shown forth” According to Roman Catholic tradition, Epiphany signifies the first appearance of Christ to the gentiles in the story of the visit of the three wisemen to the divine infant Jesus. As the three wisemen represent all the known peoples of the world, this signifies an appearance to the entire world, not just a few who call themselves Christians. The Christ appears in many names and many guises throughout the world. In the Gospel of John, Jesus proclaims: “Other sheep have I that are not of this flock.” Similarly, there are legends of Christ appearing in the Americas and in Northern Europe in their respective cultures and religious symbols. The showing forth of Christ to the gentiles is not about converting everyone to one religion. So great is the gentle humility and compassion of Christ and Sophia that they put on whatever appearance and culture is necessary to be recognized by anyone who sincerely calls out for spiritual assistance.

The Manichaean religion recounts a lineage of many divine teachers and messengers of the Light: Seth, Moses, Buddha, Zoroaster and Jesus. The world’s religions represent the spiritual paths and trails blazed by those who have made the journey of the soul before us. They are those, such as can be described by the original title of The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien, who have been “there and back again.” These Messengers of Light, like the star in the East that guided the three wisemen to the place of the divine incarnation, can give us divine guidance upon our spiritual journey; they can show us the way to the divine and royal Selfhood within us. In choosing a spiritual path and religious practice we must each follow that interior star and witness a light that bids us bring our own inner offerings of gold and frankincense and myrrh. Until we have this light, as well as the conviction and trust in the place to where it leads us, our journeys are in vain.

HOPE is the thing with feathers   
That perches in the soul,   
And sings the tune without the words,   
And never stops at all        Emily Dickinson

#152 Tue 31st Jan 2017 08:54 am

11eagle11

Wonderful to read a few of Your posts here, SW : )  Hi Sencha, Hi SiriArc and All...Thank You and Happy 2017!!!

I had to sign in and say hello here at Noble Dreams to respond to Your Sharings!
It has been a while for me....I had been away from the internet for a time and am back connecting and bringing forth the co-creation of beauty that is upon us!

Love to You and Bob and Family and Friends and of course, Max too : )

This is the world that I so hope is hidden beneath all the chaos

Woke up to the most beautiful sunrise. Max my doggie kissed me awake cause he wanted to go outside and go potty. It was 5AM!!! I was so mad at him but then I saw the most beautiful sunrise and all the thousands of birds were gathered in the trees to sing the sun up. What if I would have missed it? Would I even be aware? It was so wonderful. I realized that this is what keeps me alive.

Our co-creation of wonder is here...it may seem quiet while other things are loud, but many are becoming more aware and more earnest in their selfless living in the now!
The change to higher ways and means is culminating and 2017 is our pivotal year...the next few years are going to be a higher spiritual phenomena, imho : )

The journey is powerfully empowering...I am going to be giving talks to younger folks wherever I may be, too many promptings and amazing experiences have occurred in my own life to bring this on!  A common response when I meet and talk with the younger generations, especially from meet-ups in nature, is "Why doesn't anyone speak to Us like this, Dan?"
Well, I'm speaking like this...and my one on one encounters have opened these Kids up to spiritual sharings they do not usually feel comfortable with in day to day talk.
It is enchanting for me...and humbling : )

I am Eagle Spirit on facebook and do my best to bring out the things there that You speak of, SW.
I primarily went there to stay connected to the folks I met in Peru from around the world in 2010.
My own loving family connects on facebook and are still treading in the matrix...
But changes are happening in their lives, too, that seem to be clarifying and bringing on the eternal now of spirit!

My moment to moment life has become a bit of a magic storyline...I simply listen and do and the pages turn with the help of a higher breeze : )

Love to You All !!!

"Let Your Spirit Soar!"

#153 Mon 20th Feb 2017 04:23 pm

SW

So wonderful to hear from you 11eagle11. Life is full of one crisis after another but oh boy it is good to be alive. So happy to hear from you. I promise to look you up on FB.

I can't believe how very busy and rich my life continues to take me in different places - volunteering to help people and it certainly makes me realize how very full and beautiful life is ....

So many mysteries still to discover.

Just stopped by to share this lovely -

https://www.brainpickings.org/2013/12/1 … mencement/

The Greatest Commencement Address of All Time: Joseph Brodsky’s Six Rules for Playing the Game of Life Like a Winner

Brodsky begins:

Life is a game with many rules but no referee. One learns how to play it more by watching it than by consulting any book, including the Holy Book. Small wonder, then, that so many play dirty, that so few win, that so many lose.

After reminiscing about his own college days, Brodsky offers:

I am not totally oblivious to the pressures the so-called modern world exerts upon the young, I feel nostalgic for those who sat in your chairs a dozen or so years ago, because some of them at least could cite the Ten Commandments and still others even remembered the names of the Seven Deadly Sins. As to what they’ve done with that precious knowledge of theirs afterward, as to how they fared in the game, I have no idea. All I can hope for is that in the long run one is better off being guided by rules and taboos laid down by someone totally impalpable than by the penal code alone.

Since your run is most likely to be fairly long, and since being better off and having a decent world around you is what you presumably are after, you could do worse than to acquaint yourselves with those commandments and that list of sins. … But I am not here to extol the virtues of any particular creed or philosophy, nor do I relish, as so many seem to, the opportunity to snipe at the modern system of education or at you, its alleged victims. To begin with, I don’t perceive you as such. After all, in certain fields your knowledge is immeasurably superior to mine or anyone’s of my generation. I regard you as a bunch of young, reasonably egotistical souls on the eve of a very long journey. I shudder to contemplate its length, and I ask myself in what way I could possibly be of use to you. Do I know something about life that could be of help or consequence to you, and if I do, is there a way to pass this information on to you?

The answer to the first question is, I suppose, yes — not so much because a person of my age is entitled to out-fox any of you at existential chess as because he is, in all probability, tired of quite a lot of the stuff you are still aspiring to. (This fatigue alone is something the young should be advised on as an attendant feature of both their eventual success and their failure; this sort of knowledge may enhance their savoring of the former as well as a better weathering of the latter.) As for the second question, I truly wonder. The example of the aforementioned commandments may discourage any commencement speaker, for the Ten Commandments themselves were a commencement address — literally so, I must say. But there is a transparent wall between the generations, an ironic curtain, if you will, a see-through veil allowing almost no passage of experience. At best, some tips.

much more at link https://www.brainpickings.org/2013/12/1 … mencement/

But my comment on why I think religion is important because it sets rules to teach us how to be "decent" - and so many of us never learned. Any religion that teaches us to kill each other is not a religion in my observation.

I guess my Grandmother was my teacher and it took root in me.

Love love to be back on here and miss you all so much. Life continues to surprise!

#154 Fri 10th Mar 2017 08:36 am

SW

Toiling and struggling and staying alive but more at peace than I have ever been.

http://curiousityshop.blogspot.com/2017 … ad-us.html

Once again so happy to stop by and share a cup with my friends.

#155 Mon 13th Mar 2017 08:28 pm

Bhang
Paradigms of Vigilance
Website

Greetings! Thought the readers here might enjoy this visual journey of 1,000 Faces of God (so many concepts of the Source it is amazing) : https://www.pinterest.com/earthycapp/1000-faces-of-god/

“Intelligence is the capacity to receive, decode and transmit information efficiently. Stupidity is blockage of this process at any point. Bigotry, ideologies etc. block the ability to receive; robotic reality-tunnels block the ability to decode or integrate new signals; censorship blocks transmission.” - Robert Anton Wilson

#156 Sun 19th Mar 2017 07:13 am

SW

Greetings to you Bhang! Glad to see you. Love the link.

Syncs - forgot how to spell "syncronicity"? Story of my life is quite the brain struggle, I suffered a stroke and finding my way back to myself has been hard but feel "myself" coming back. I am getting my mojo back.

Loved, loved, loved this article and just had to come and share -

Not too long ago I fell in love with this but then I became afraid of it, but like the hero I have traveled through my darkness and came out alive.

https://www.brainpickings.org/2017/03/0 … e92d22ac49

What a dark night of the soul the world is experiencing. Only way forward is forward.

http://curiousityshop.blogspot.com/2008 … -hall.html

Last edited by SW (Sun 19th Mar 2017 07:28 am)

#157 Thu 13th Apr 2017 11:32 am

Sencha

Good to know you're on the mend SW.

'Tea is drunk to forget the din of the world' - T’ien Yiheng.

Board footer